Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

Yes gracie. He announced about a week or so ago on his Instagram page that he would be open this Sunday and next Sunday the 30th because of the holidays.

1 Like

Awesome! I will need to follow him on Instagram!

1 Like

If you like things on the spicier side of the spectrum, give the chicken a try. I usually don’t order chicken but this is a special dish and I’m glad drew hooked us up last time to try it.

Enjoy your meal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. My husband is the spice lover so I’ll recommend it to him!

I would try a tiny piece. It is hot but not offensive imo. Tastes obviously vary but to me this dish walks the line! Jeez now I have Johnny c in my head lol

1 Like

You can also get the hot sauce on the side. Plus they mix it with ranch dressing to cool it off a little bit.

1 Like

I arrived at 7pm for our reservation of the same time. Funny the waitress told us the seafood lasagna was a mid-evening addition to the specials, my mind was set on the chop regardless so it didn’t matter to me.

I think you made a wise choice with the pork chop. It sounded awesome. They also had an additional spicy seafood creole special with swordfish, crab, and crawfish that sounded really good.

As expected, dinner was awesome. I was a little bummed because I still wasn’t hungry after making a very hearty pizza for lunch. I had mussels and a special spinach salad for dinner. This was a nice combo and not heavy. I’m expecting 2 days of intense eating starting today. My husband had the short rib. Everything was perfect. My only (minor) complaint is the food was out so fast! We didn’t even finish half a glass a wine! But would rather it come fast than wait for an hour!

4 Likes

Good stuff! The short ribs are a nice dish. I haven’t had the mussels. It’s in my list of things to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Drew’s is offering a midweek Mardi Gras dinner special on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights through the end of February (except Valentine’s day week) for $38.00, plus tax and tip for four courses. Below is this week’s special menu. It sounds like a very good deal.
1st:

Soup or Gumbo of the Day

2nd:

Canal St. Salad
Mixed Greens, Garden Vegetables, Goat Cheese
Cornbread Croutons, Cane Syrup Vinaigrette

3rd:

Voodoo Shrimp
Spicy Worcestershire Cream, Smashed Potatoes
Jalapeño Cornbread

Nashville Hot Chicken
Boneless All Natural Darkmeat Chicken
Bistro Fries, Jalapeno Slaw, Ranch Dressing

Pasta Jambalaya
Sauteed Chicken, Andouille Sausage
Garlic, Shallots, Tomato, Scallions
Fresh Cavatelli, Cajun Parmesan Cream

Dessert:

Beignets & Coffee
Powdered Sugar, Cappuccino Gelato, Chocolate Sauce

Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Vanilla Gelato, Whipped Cream Caramel Sauce

Key-port Lime Tart
Whipped Cream

Coffee, Decaf & Hot Tea Included

4 Likes

OMG should we make a res now?!? Something tells me I’m gonna like this place…

1 Like

For those who are interested in reading about last night’s HODown at Drew’s, here’s the link:

3 Likes

We had another spectacular dinner at Drew’s. We started off with an excellent lobster bisque, Soutwestern Caesar salad, (split portion below), plus Drew comped us with an awesome duck foie gras pate with pickled onions, cornichons, and crispy bread. Drew also had an amazing lobster bolognese special with 1 1/2 pounds of lobster and tasso ham in the bolognese sauce. Drew also very generously brought out a sample of pork osso bucco in a root beer glaze with mashed sweet potatoes and crispy onions. The pork was fork tender.
We took home an excellent Irish car bomb sundae with Guinness ice cream, Bailey’s blondie, and Jameson caramel. It all went great with a 2014 Janasse Chateauneuf Du Pape.

5 Likes

One of the best chefs in the area but make sure drew is in the kitchen. Went there once & the difference was pronounced.

3 Likes

I agree Big G, that Drew is one of the best chefs in the area, and also one of the nicest. Drew was definitely there last night. I talked to him for about 10 minutes. His assistant Mark is very good as well, and does a great job when Drew isn’t around.

1 Like

Wow the car bomb is back? That is an epic dessert! I think I may have to go this week now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Johnny, you should go on Fat Tuesday (March 5th). Drew has a special Mardi Gras menu below ($60 for 3 courses) and it includes the car bomb dessert :smile: I only wished I lived closer.

For the table:
Red Beans & Rice
Assorted Bread Basket

Starters:

Seafood Gumbo
Shrimp, Crab, Crawfish, Andouille, Trinity Vegetables
Dark Roux, Rice, Green Onions

Pulled Pork Gumbo
Pulled Pork, Tasso Ham, Black Eyed Peas, Collard Greens
Dark Roux, Rice, Green Onions

Voodoo Shrimp
Spicy Worcestershire Cream, Jalapeno Cornbread

Cajun Pork Riceballs
Cajun Boudin Balls, Creole Mustard Sauce G

New Orleans Style Broiled Oysters
Garlic, Parmesan, Butter G

Crawfish Beignets
Habanero Tiger Sauce

Crabmeat Remick
Crabmeat, Spicy Dressing, Bacon, Parmesan
Toast Points G*

Pimento Cheese Empanada
Cane Syrup-Bacon Jam

Muffuletta Antipasta Salad
Muffuletta Olive Salad, Salami, Prosciutto, Provolone
Chopped Romaine, Radicchio, Endive
Ciabatta Croutons, Red Wine Vinaigrette G*

Main Course:

Short Ribs Criolla
Peppers, Onions, Tomato, Green Olives, Capers
Cheddar-Jack Smashed Potatoes & Braised Greens G

Pasta Jambalaya
Shrimp, Chicken, Andouille Sausage, Fresh Pappardelle
Cajun Parmesan Cream

Blackened 16oz. Prime Pork Chop
Cheddar-Jack Smashed Potatoes, Braised Greens
Ancho BBQ Sauce G

Fig Glazed Long Island Duck
Pan Seared Magret Breast, Fig Glaze
Duck Confit-Sweet Potato & Andouille Hash G

Nashville Hot Chicken
Bistro Fries, Jalapeno Slaw
Nashville Hot Chicken Sauce, Black Pepper Ranch
(ok, it ain’t from NOLA, but it fits!)

Mississippi Catfish Avery
Panko Breaded, Crabmeat & Crawfish Pepper-Jack Cream
Smashed Potatoes, Braised Greens

Crawfish Étouffée
Brown Gravy Smothered Crawfish Tails
Trinity Vegetables, Rice

City Jambalaya
It is spicy – and we are not kidding - No crying.
Chicken, Andouille Sausage, Tasso Ham, Trinity Vegetables Topped With Shrimp Creole G

Dessert:

SPCCT
Salty Pretzel Chocolate-Caramel Tart
Vanilla Gelato, Whipped Cream, Chocolate Sauce

Beignets & Coffee
Powder Sugar Dusted Beignets, Cappuccino Gelato

Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Vanilla Gelato, Whipped Cream, Caramel Sauce

Carbomb Sundae
Guinness Ice Cream, Bailey’s Blondie, Jameson Caramel

Key-port Lime Tart
Pastry Crust, Whipped Cream

That really is an amazing deal…

I’m still trying to burn off the calories from the last time! :joy:

1 Like

You can always make two dinners out of it :wink: Just take a few bites of each course and have the remaining leftovers at home :slightly_smiling_face: We had plenty of leftovers from last night, especially with all of the generous comps that Drew kept bringing out.