Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

It probably won’t happen until next February, when his current lease runs out. The new restaurant (which will be in a smaller space across the street) should be ready by the end of the year, but Drew is waiting until his current lease runs out before he starts serving out of the new restaurant. At least he will own this building and not have to lease anymore.

3 Likes

Can anyone comment on Drew’s accessibility? I have a GC from there but currently and using a knee scooter and am not sure I’d be able to navigate my way around. The website doesn’t say anything.

Thx

Drew has a wheel chair ramp that bypasses the steps. There might be a little step to get through the front door, I’m not sure. I’m sure that someone from the staff can assist you if needed.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks so much Eli!

You’re welcome! We have a reservation for Oct. 22 if you care to join us.

We’d have loved to but we will be in Raleigh NC for a wedding that weekend.

Ok. Enjoy the wedding! Maybe another time.

Thank you for the shout out. It’s nice to know my posts had a positive impact.

2 Likes

That would be lovely!

1 Like

The new place is under renovation now. No parking. Will have less tables than the current location. Was told it would have an “open kitchen”.

2 Likes

I guess the reason he’s making the switch is because he will own the building. So, that’s in his favor. But I’ll be much less likely to visit. Can’t blame a guy, though.

2 Likes

My personal enjoyment of Drew’s increased dramatically once he moved to this location due to parking and elbow room. Unfortunately, as good as his food is, if I’m not comfortable or if I have to walk in rain/snow…fuhgettaboutit! So sadly, while I will certainly give the new place a try, I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be on a less frequent basis than the current location.

All the best, Drew is the man when it comes to cajun(? not sure what to exactly call it) style cooking in central NJ.

3 Likes

Drew’s existing parking lot is very small and I’ve had to park on the street on many occasions and never have not found available parking. Walking a short distance is a small price to pay for Drew’s wonderful food. Let’s please give the guy a chance to open his restaurant before we start commenting about if and when we might go and how much parking and elbow room there will be.

4 Likes

Off street parking in Keyport is not very common. If my recollection is correct, Drew didn’t have (or had very little) off street parking in his two prior locations and that didn’t stop people from going and enjoying his food.

2 Likes

@heidicooksandbakes - May I ask why you would be less likely to visit?

Hi @bgut1, Excellent observations! Drew’s original location and the one destroyed by Superstorm Sandy both required parking on the street. And that certainly didn’t prevent people from dining there. And, as you point out, the parking lot at the current location is rather small (maybe 8 spaces?), and we’ve never had a problem parking on the street close by. Of course, now, parking doesn’t matter to us as we aren’t doing any indoor restaurant dining.

(The last time we did take-out in May for Mother’s Day, we pulled into the lot alongside the front door, and one of the servers brought our order out to us.)

Hope all is well with you, Mrs. bgut, and your boys.

Hello @RGR and thank you for the regards. I hope all is well with you, Mr. RGR and your family as well. I also hope that it soon gets to the point that we are all comfortable enough to dine indoors.

Years ago, I witnessed an amazing phenomenon while getting a pizza at DeLorenzo’s Tomato Pies on Hudson Street in Trenton. It was blizzard conditions, and there was still a line around the corner. People will put up with a lot for good food.

A short walk is a small price to pay for food the quality of Drew’s. As you noted, he’s never had much by way of parking, and that’s never stopped me from going.

When does the new place open? Is the current space still opened? It’s my birthday next week, and Drew’s is my tradition!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For someone with mobility issues, parking is an issue. Typically I bring my Mom, and she can only walk short distances and if it’s longer I bring a wheelchair.

I’m waiting wo see what others find when they go and try to find on street parking. If there are always nearby spaces great. If I have to start circling the block and parking farther away, it will be a no for me.

2 Likes

Thank you. I was going to make a comment as well about making assumptions about others “mobility issues” but decided against it. I’m glad you did. I NEVER said nor encouraged anyone from not going, I was simply stating for MYSELF those COULD BE issues. All of which is unknown until we give it a try, if I’m mistaken, I will gladly write about it, not my first time being mistaken, probably not my last.

However, I do find this mentality of disputing people’s PERSONAL preferences vs. projecting their own preferences as the rule. As I previously stated I wish Drew ALL THE BEST (I do hope those wishes are sufficient for everyone) however until I get to experience the new location for myself, I will keep my apprehensions until I hear some feedback or get to experience it for myself, which I will do.

Regards Heidi hope all is well.

7 Likes