Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

Yes, Drew is moving across the street to a slightly smaller spot, but at least he will own it, as opposed to renting. Parking will be on the street. They are working on renovating the spot now. No estimated time.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your dinner!

Street parking has become a big “no-no” as I’ve gotten older (75). No parking; no me.

2 Likes

For the soft shell crab, did you request the sauce on the side? Ours came with the sauce on top and it was a little overwhelming.

Yes, my wife always asks for the sauce on the side. Drew’s sauces can be rich and heavy on butter.
She even gets the sauce on the side for the Nashville hot chicken to keep it crispy.

3 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Drew’s including an excellent veal chop Milanese topped with heirloom tomato salad; spicy Cajun shrimp; crispy pork cracklings; Cajun pork arancini; and fried green tomatoes. We took home chocolate bread pudding and blueberry pie. It all went great with an excellent cabernet and Malbec.

9 Likes

Is it bad that I want all of that?

Glad you enjoyed.

3 Likes

Thanks! It was all delicious, and plenty of leftovers that you are welcome to :grinning:

Back on the old Chowhound board, I read @bgut1 comments about Drew’s, which prompted me to go. This was at Drew’s original location, and I’ve followed him at the other locations to the current one.

Possibly my favorite Shore restaurant. Almost every year for my birthday, I’m there and it never disappoints.

3 Likes

Wow - I didn’t know that. This would be his 4th location if memory serves. When is that going to happen?

It probably won’t happen until next February, when his current lease runs out. The new restaurant (which will be in a smaller space across the street) should be ready by the end of the year, but Drew is waiting until his current lease runs out before he starts serving out of the new restaurant. At least he will own this building and not have to lease anymore.

3 Likes

Can anyone comment on Drew’s accessibility? I have a GC from there but currently and using a knee scooter and am not sure I’d be able to navigate my way around. The website doesn’t say anything.

Thx

Drew has a wheel chair ramp that bypasses the steps. There might be a little step to get through the front door, I’m not sure. I’m sure that someone from the staff can assist you if needed.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks so much Eli!

You’re welcome! We have a reservation for Oct. 22 if you care to join us.

We’d have loved to but we will be in Raleigh NC for a wedding that weekend.

Ok. Enjoy the wedding! Maybe another time.

Thank you for the shout out. It’s nice to know my posts had a positive impact.

2 Likes

That would be lovely!

1 Like

The new place is under renovation now. No parking. Will have less tables than the current location. Was told it would have an “open kitchen”.

2 Likes