Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

You’re welcome Jimmy. I figured it would be easier to post the menu than to manually type in the preparation of each dish :slightly_smiling_face:

Splendid … And thank you for posting the interesting menu.

I like this chilled cucumber gaspacho ! and I would go with the Burrata, tomato, Panzanella salad …

Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

Thank you!
Your beef carpaccio with white truffles looked amazing.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend with your grandsons.

1 Like

Finally made it to Drew’s after having wanted to go for eight years. Either worked T-S when they were open, or it just didn’t work out.
Hard for any restaurant to live up to eight years of anticipation and I really enjoyed the quality of the meal.
Even survived my GF thinking it was THE night! And it was THE night, only Drew’s night
Started with Clams w/ Andouile Sausage and Voodoo Shrimp. Clams full and delicious with a slurpable broth. I could only manage one of the ample serving of large shrimp as GF devoured everything remaining. A bit sweeter and more cream than I had expected but delicious.
GF does not eat a lot of cream and declared she couldn’t eat much else. The 3 entrees coming presented a bit of a challenge.
NY Strip was excellent topped with long hots and roasted garlic. Came with crisp French fries and fresh green/yellow beans which unfortunately met their demise, I try them every few years and never like them.
Shrimp and Grits delivered with smokey flavor, tasty shrimp and nice grits.
Thought the Hot Nashville Chicken might be a little hotter, but fit the bill with a nice fresh slaw and same great fries.
Drew’s met my unreasonable expectations with thoughtful, fresh ingredients showcasing the kitchen’s talents.
Will be back.

12 Likes

We enjoyed our first meal indoors at Drew’s in about 8 months. We enjoyed an awesome appetizer of crispy meaty duck wings with a pineapple habanero sauce; Cajun mushroom pappardelle; New Orleans style grilled oysters; NY strip steak with Italian long hots and roasted garlic. It all went great with a Tensley Syrah.

12 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Drew’s. They were only opened indoors with one outdoor table setup, but no one was brave enough to dine outdoors in 40 degree weather. They had 90 minute dining limits (due to the 10PM state imposed cutoff), and we arrived late due to an accident where we live, which delayed us by 15 minutes, so we had to rush through our meal. Anyway, besides our usual of New Oreans style broiled oysters and Nashville hot chicken (not pictured) we enjoyed escargot; an excellent special of muffaletta and burrata salad; and fork tender short ribs in a Dr. Pepper glaze. It all went great with an excellent California red blend. Unfortunately, it was dark so the pictures didn’t come out that well and some of them were a little blurry.

10 Likes

@paryzer

Thank you for the compliment once again ( a few days ago).

Been very busy !!!

Have a lovely week ahead.

1 Like

We had another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. Besides the always awesome escargot, muffuletta and burrata salad, and Nashville hot chicken, I enjoyed a humongous and juicy French onion pork chop and excellent seafood bolognese pasta. The seafood bolognese was made with ground octopus and pepperoni and had shrimp, crabmeat, and scallops. It all went great with an excellent Chateauneuf Du Pape.

11 Likes

Looks and sounds fantastic …

An exemplary wine too …

1 Like

Looks great as always Mr P. We just missed you up the road at keyport fishery last night!!

1 Like

Thanks @Metsfan86!
I’m sorry we missed you. We have to meet some day.

We had another excellent dinner at Drew’s. Besides the always awesome Nashville hot chicken and creamy lobster bisque with nice chunks of lobster meat (not pictured), we enjoyed an outstanding Cajun mushroom pappardelle with Two Rivers mushrooms, Tasso ham, in a Cajun cream and black pepper parmesan sauce; Cajun pork rilette with jalapeño pepper jelly and sweet potato biscuits; muffuletta. It all went great with an excellent Gigondas. Drew sent us home with an excellent fig empanada with orange sherbet and pecan pie with vanilla gelato.

10 Likes

Next time I’m gonna bring a pen…although this special’s description could have used up all the ink. Chilean Seabass infused/ marinated? in saki over a creamy crab risotto with this that and the other…I’m doing Drew a disservice by not showcasing this tour de force down to the herb and spice, but lemme tell ya…all was superlative this evening!

8 Likes

This…on the other hand, needs no description. Voodoo Shrimp “Entree” size.

8 Likes

That looks amazing

1 Like

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler :fleur_de_lis::fleur_de_lis:

1 Like

Attached is Drew’s Valentines Day menu for those that are interested. He will be serving this menu only on both Saturday and Sunday. It is $75 for 3 courses plus tax and tip.

Drews Valentines Day Menu.pdf (615.8 KB)

3 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. Besides the usually excellent Nashville Hot Chicken, and muffuletta salad, I enjoyed a beautifully marbled Heritage pork chop in a green peppercorn au poivre sauce, as well as awesome BBQ shrimp reminiscent of Mr. B’s in New Orleans, and a spicy Cajun pork empanada. It all went great with an excellent 2005 Syrah.

11 Likes

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Wow … Looks divine …
Have a lovely Sunday.

2 Likes