Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

Wow, Eli and Greg hot two of my favorite spots the same night! Nicely done fellas. Great pics. I ended up eating way too much after eating boat load of Italian charcuterie

For the “main course” we had some sirloins, grilled buffalo wings, some kind of Asian inspired grilled wings, dry rubbed cribs with some Sylvia’s seasoning, shrimp salad, cuc/red onion/tomato salad, arugula salad, Nathan’s natural casing dogs, COB, baked beans, and of course some crabs.

3 Likes

Sorry about the autocorrect. We ate ribs, not cribs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. That sounded like some feast Johnny! The Italian charcuterie that you posted on the WFD thread looked beautiful.

Excellent. Psst… I like to take my dessert home too for a midnight snack.

3 Likes

We had another great dinner at Drew’s. We shared several appetizers of excellent crispy pork rilette with pickled peaches and ginger sweet potato puree; roasted local delicata squash salad with hazelnuts, dried cranberries, goat cheese, arugula, dijon vinaigrette, and a balsamic reduction; seafood eggplant balls stuffed with crawfish, crabmeat, and a remoulade. Mrs. P had her usual Nashville hot chicken and I had an excellent Octoberfest special of beer braised pork shank osso buco with a delicious smoked kielbasa sausage, cracklings, barrel sauerkraut, and smashed potatoes. It all went great with a 2015 Apriori red blend.

9 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Drew’s. Besides the usual
NOLA style broiled oysters and Nashville hot chicken, I had a fork tender apple cider braised Duroc pork osso bucco, maple chipotle smashed sweet potatoes and apple pork jus. Drew also generously made us a spicy shrimp and grits in the style of the now closed Tillie’s. Drew also made us pork ribs with an Autumn spice dry rub, with Autumn squash risotto, and spicy cranberry sauce. We also had escargot Bordelaise with Benton’s country ham, sherry demi glace, garlic butter, and grilled bread. There were plenty of leftovers. It all went great with a 2017 Block 665 cabernet.

10 Likes

Pretty sure I just gained 4lbs after reading that…! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Ate at Drew’s last week. Not much to add to @paryzer’s monthly reports, other than to confirm that Drew is very much on the top of his game. Had been a while since my last visit, but didn’t seem that my business was missed. The room was packed the entire time and quite lively … an overall very fun atmosphere. Oh, and if you order a salad to share, Drew generously provides each diner with what must be close to a full-size salad. And the sweet potato gelato sundae was imaginative and delicious. Well done!!

6 Likes

SWEET. POTATO. GELATO. swoon
Need to get back there now that it’s cold!

3 Likes

Got to say I love Drews and anything he cooks is well done ,never been disappointed no matter how many times I’ve eaten there.

6 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Drew’s. Besides the usually awesome NOLA broiled oysters, and Nashville hot chicken, Drew generously made us a spot on version of Tillie’s spicy shrimp and grits, and we had a spicy 2 potato gumbo with sweet and red potatoes, along with andouille sausage, tasso ham, and rice. I had an excellent fresh mushroom cavatelli with truffle cream, black pepper and parmesan. It all went great with an excellent Shaw and Smith Shiraz. We took home the originally delicious SCCPT for dessert. The pictures aren’t that great because with daylight savings time there is no more sunlight by the window, and the lighting was dark and shadowy (which is fine for eating but not for taking pictures) :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Did Drew make Tillie’s shrimp and grits, or did Tillie’s make Drew’s shrimp and grits? Sort of a chicken or egg conundrum…

1 Like

I think Drew’s made Tillie’s spicy shrimp and grits for me after I said how much I would miss Tillie’s shrimp and grits, now that they are closed. These were spot on. Drew’s regular shrimp and grits that are currently on the menu are more on the creamy buttery side. They are also excellent, but just a different preparation. Although I have heard that Drew used to make a spicy version many years ago.

2 Likes

We had another awesome dinner at Drew’s. Drew was nice enough to make us spicy Cajun crawfish with the same spicy sauce that he used for the shrimp and grits last month. Drew also had a refreshing special of tuna ceviche tostada with jalapeño, onion, tomato, cilantro and lime. The last appetizer we had was PEI mussels puttanesca with spicy olives, capers, and tomato sauce. For an entree I had an excellent special of voodoo surf and turf with Drew’s voodoo shrimp and blackened NY strip steak with that voodoo shrimp sauce. It all went great with Mollydooker The Boxer shiraz.

12 Likes

We had another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. He had some excellent specials including a huge Cajun empanada; tender octopus with a nice char; burrata, muffuletta, and spicy nduja. Drew also generously made us some spicy Cajun shrimp and grits. Drew ran out of the magret duck breast but substituted excellent crispy duck leg confit. It all went great with a 2011 Charbonniere Chateaunef Du Pape.

10 Likes

We had another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. He had a lot of excellent Mardi Gras specials. It was hard to decide what to get. We shared several appetizers including bison tartar, some awesome spicy garlic crawfish that Drew was kind enough to make for us, muffuletta salad, and Bibb salad. I had the fork tender melt in your mouth Creole short ribs, while Mrs. P had her usual Nashville hot chicken. It all went great with a 2012 Red Zinfandel. We took home some SCCPT for dessert.

7 Likes

Drew’s is doing takeout. Daily menu listed on facebook.

1 Like

Hoping all is well with you, and your loved ones. Here is today’s take out menu for Wednesday 3/18.
Here’s how we are going to make it available in order to keep interaction to a minimum:
Call the bistro to place your order, and pay via credit card.
Let us know what time you would like to pick up.
Pull into the parking lot, and your order will be brought out to your car.
We will start taking orders right away, and will take them until 5:00PM. We may have to limit the number of people that can at the same time, as it leads to a bit of parking lot confusion - Thank you for being patient with us!
Today food pick up will start at 3:30PM. Due to the curfew, we will have a last pick up at 7:30PM.
The menu is limited, but we may be able to make available some items that aren’t listed, although the pricing would be ala carte. just inquire when you call! 732-739-9219. Thank you for considering us! Here’s today’s menu!

Drew’s Bayshore Bistro
Takeout Menu 3/18
3 Courses $30 Plus Tax

1st Course Choice Of:

Sweet Potato Bisque
Dried Cranberries, Spiced Pecans G

Asparagus Bisque
Chive Oil

House Salad
Field Greens, Tomato, Cucumber, Carrot, Radish, Red Onion
Balsamic Vinaigrette G

Southwestern Caesar Salad
Chopped Romaine, Pico de Gallo , Tortilla Crisps
Queso Blanco, Red Chile Caesar Dressing G

Entree Choice Of:

St. Paddy’s Day Pork Chop Rueben
Corned Beef Brined 14oz. Prime Pork Chop
Sauerkraut, Melted Swiss & Mozzarella
Smashed Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables
Russian Dressing G

Voodoo Shrimp
Gulf Shrimp, Spicy Worcestershire Cream, Jalapeño Cornbread

Nashville Hot Chicken
Natural Boneless Darkmeat, Bistro Fries
Braised Greens, Black Pepper Ranch, Hot Oil

Jumbo Lump Crabcakes
Smashed Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables
Chipotle Tartar Sauce

Cavatelli Bolognese
Beef, Pork, Veal, Tomato, Cream
Fresh Cavatelli, Black Pepper Parmesan

City Jambalaya
Chicken, Andouille Sausage, Tasso Ham, Trinity Vegetables
Creole Tomato Sauce G

The 2 following entrees are very limited, only three or four of each available
Once ordered we will delete from list! Thank you for your understanding!

Crawfish Ettouffee
Crawfish Tails, Trinity Vegetables, Dark Roux, Rice

Stout Braised Lamb Shank
Mashed Potatoes, Irish Creamed Cabbage
Guinness Stout Braising Jus
Dessert Choice Of:

Apple Blondie
Chocolate Bread Pudding
Beignets

G = Gluten Free G* = Can be prepared Gluten Free

7 Likes

Thanks for posting this, Jeff. I’m not on FB (never have been) and no virus is going to force me to get on there! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: So now I’m reading the menu and drooling…

4 Likes

I’m not on facebook either, but most restaurant pages are accessible even if you’re not a member

4 Likes