Does your trash/recycling days affect your menu?

I’ve decided to do an email blast to the City Council. Most of them know me, so my complaint to them probably will get a better result. Thank you for your encouragement!

4 Likes

What the what???! Did he take the recycling of all neighbors as well?

1 Like

Yes.

Then yes make a BIG stink about it to anyone and everyone!! That’s mind boggling. And disheartening

1 Like

China’s not buying our plastic anymore; not that surprising

1 Like

Correct, but that doesn’t mean the paper goods and glass and aluminum etc all go to the landfill too

In my case, if the recyclables I set out mix with trash in the same truck…they’re going to a landfill.

Obviously, well needed here in the Great Lakes State.

1 Like

Fortunately we have dedicated trucks for garbage and recycling. I’m pretty fastidious when it comes to recycling and I read all those news letters that come from the dump. The things you can and can’t recycle.

I have heard that market demands for US recycled items is way down. I do fear we may lose the ability to recycle some of the stuff we have
been. Worriesome.

As for the original question, we don’t plan around pick up day at all. The garbage is taken out directly after certain meals. In the summer, we do put some particularly potential stinky stuff in our freezer til next
pickup.

2 Likes