Does the baseball stadium in your town offer good food options?

Camden Yards stands out in my memory. They had fried oysters and clams!

Also, the Minnesota Twins stadium had really great Midwestern food: brats with sauerkraut, corn dogs, interesting food like that

Giants Stadium has good food, too. (It’s SF, of course they have good food.) Dungeness crab, lettuce salads (!), and clam chowder.

PetCo Park in San Diego has tri-tip, and it’s pretty darn good.

Unfortunately, my local team is the Dodgers. I’ve been to many ball parks, and am pretty sure Dodger Stadium has to be in the bottom five for food. We bring peanuts and some fruit and cheese , then go to Chinatown for lunch/dinner on the way home. Sigh…

So last year I attended three Iron Pigs games in Allentown, none in Philly. I sat in the minor league equivalent of the HoF Club: heated/air conditioned, a full bar and probably better food. The sliders and fries were actually pretty good, but most of the menu was pretty unappetizing. Then again, options on the way to & from CBP vs options to & from Coca-Cola Park make the choice to eat and drink at the minor league park more of a no-brainer.

I haven’t been yet this year, but I remembered seeing this article for the Astros home field Minute Maid Park.

Is Boog’s Barbecue still at Camden Yard? His barbecue was almost as good as his hitting.

More SARS-CoV-2 collateral damage:

1 Like

Paywall.

Yep, the paywall prevented me from reading the article. But I will say I buy 5 pounds of peanuts every two weeks to feed the blue jays (the occasional cardinal, woodpecker and a few squirrels). My great nephews love my “trick”–throw out a few handfuls of peanuts in the shell and watch the blue jays descend.

Hopefully sometime this summer we’ll get back to enjoying the patio together.

1 Like

We didn’t pay – try disabling ad blocker and then restoring.

You only get five views per month. Paywall.

If you keep clearing your cache and/or switching browsers, you can read more than the 5 articles.

Who looks at 5 Spruce Eats articles in a month?
I average 5 a year maybe.

1 Like