Does Jollibee make for a JollyMe? (open to find out more) Edison, NJ

I have this weird affinity for Jollibee’s Palabok Fiesta, especially after a few glasses of TJ’s Two Buck Chuck.

2 Likes

I had jollibee for the first time recently and their spicy fried chicken is fricking great!! And the gravy is a total game changer, it’s so obvious in retrospect but man why isn’t fried chicken dunked in gravy a more common thing!

3 Likes

I’ve only tried their fried chicken, twice, and found it to be meh at most. The gravy is decent tho.

Is that with spaghetti or some other noodle?

bihon noodles (aka as rice vermicelli)

1 Like

Nice. The pictures make it look like they use spaghetti!

ETA ; I see. Maybe that was a different item.

They do have a spaghetti dish.

Never ordered it though.

I am afraid it would trigger my PTS from my aunt’s “homemade” spaghetti using ketchup, soy sauce and Chinese sweet sausage. Bless her soul.

2 Likes

Inspired by this thread I tried out the Jollibee by the office. Unfortunately that meant going through Times Square. Got the deluxe sandwich

Crispy but a weird texture to the chicken. Whatever it is marinated in makes it rubbery. Tasted okay but not a fan of rubber chicken unless it’s for a prop. Lots of lettuce which didn’t really help. Popeye’s makes a much better sandwich.

Had a side of the spaghetti.

I am a fan of hotdog spaghetti. Mom made it all the time when we were kids. Obviously I’m not Italian. But this was weird again. The sauce almost tasted like a watery bbq sauce. Sweet and a little smoky. There was a single piece of hotdog in my portion. Tasted really smoky too. That was the best part of the dish otherwise I am a once and done. I would put this on par with canned spaghetti.

Don’t see why this place appeals to anyone.

4 Likes

I’ve had the fried chicken twice, and both times it was underwhelming, not terrible but not worth going back to when I have both Popeyes and Dave’s Hot Chicken close by. Their gravy ain’t too shabby tho :smiley:

2 Likes