Do You Have a Non Human Kitchen Companion?

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

This is for sure. He quickly rejected the cheaper cat food we bought in supermarket, he teaches us to buy him premium food

We knew this after a few months. Actually the cat has tried to seduce the owner of a workshop facing us. He has bought him some tuna, but he couldn’t keep him as he was selling his building. He was with him for 3 days.

He couldn’t be a street cat, as he didn’t even know how to jump between 2 surfaces in the beginning, he climbed everywhere with his front legs. He finally learned when he saw how the other cat did it to be on a rooftop. He made my MIL laughed by trying to climb to the top.

I suspected that he was separated from his mother very early as he didn’t know how to hunt.

3 Likes

Yes to everything, lol I recently read about this kitty https://www.boredpanda.com/missing-cat-found-pet-food-factory-clive/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic … interesting about the climbing, my cat couldn’t get down from anything. She would dangle her front legs off her cat tree like they were paralyzed and just sort of sway back and forth until rescue arrived, quite the spectacle.

1 Like

I had an Alaskan Malamute and after her, a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Max was a real counter surfer who once stole chicken on the bone for 10. He passed the bones, no problem but for panceatitis from the fat. He’s gone now and we are fur baby less. I do like cats but I’m allergic.

3 Likes

I used to play with the cat when he was younger. He loved to climb on a ladder whenever he saw one, I trained him to run down quickly. Then since last year, neighbour blocked the hole under their gate (we shared the same yard but with different gates), the cats were trapped in the courtyard with walls and gates. We were trying to find solutions maybe cutting cut door on our gates. My cat found his solution to get out by jumping over the nearly 6 feet gate in no time. It was like flying, very quick movement. And now the neighbour fatter cat did the same.

Mine was like that too with certain height. Once my husband left a ladder for some work on the roof, the cat climbed and didn’t know how to come down. He was running like crazy on the roof. Husband needed to bring him down the roof and he clawed him.

2 Likes

I had baby one for 7 days, it was a gift. But as I was planning to leave the city, I couldn’t keep her.

:heart::heart::heart:

I’m sorry I laughed just a bit at that … they can be such little shits

2 Likes

She was huge! And when you brushed her you could make another puppy out of the fur that came off!

2 Likes

I have a nine year old mutt who rescued me when she was only six weeks.

We had always thought she was a terrier mix, and she may still be, but I found this photo of a pom-coton - a mix of pomeranian and coton de tulear:

and it looks exactly like her. She has many of the personality traits of the coton, so I’m convinced she is at least partly that.

She lays in the living room where she can watch me at my primary prep station. She waits until I’m finished cooking and in the other room eating before sauntering into the kitchen to see what I may have dropped. She’s on a prescription kibble diet for bladder stones, so I mix a little people food with it. Less than a tbsp per meal. Chicken, beef, pork, fish…just enough to flavor the kibble and give her some variety.

She’s the best.

11 Likes

2 cats, one long haired and black, the other short haired and white & tiger. Definitely took for granted that our first cat never bothered with table tops or counter tops. These two…:unamused:

But my first cat literally sat with us at the dinner table ( he used the extra chair), and my cats now couldn’t be bothered with human food 95% of the time. The only thing they want is when I eat bao… the Chinese buns. Very random. Oh, and they like to rub on bags of carrots and celery.

4 Likes

I had a cat who went crazy for celery bags and reacted as if it were catnip!

My cat is crazy about green olives, he gets very excited and plays with it like a prey. He eats that when he thinks game is over.

Olives contain a chemical that is similar or the same as one found in catnip supposedly.

2 Likes

We are an Australian Shepherd family. We had the brothers, Tank and Maverick for 9 years. Tank passed last year. Today is Mavs 12th bday! We celebrated with a nice neighborhood 4 mile walk. He’s an excellent kitchen assistant. His favorite treat is munching on the romaine heart stems.

16 Likes

Gorgeous pups!

1 Like

Beautiful dogs!

1 Like

So cute! They look like they’re giving you the cute face because they want a treat. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

12 Likes

Yes, my rotweiler.

1 Like