Do you add the water (or liquid) first or ...

It’s all rock and roll to me. Except those 6am fiascos when you pour orange juice into coffee Ike onto cereal.

5 Likes

cereal

I eat it dry. I’m a monster. Also, the only cereal I genuine like are Apple Jacks and Lucky Charms, so the less I eat of them, the better off I am, probably.

powdered drinks

When I decide to indulge myself in a glass of chocolate milk, it’s going to be made with Nestle Quik, because nostalgia (but the same applies to stuff made w/ syrup). Fill bottom of glass w/ appropriate amount of chocolate-like ‘stuff’. Add the bare minimum of milk to allow for dissolving of powder with milk and allowing room for the VIGOROUS stirring necessary to accomplish this. THEN, top off with the appropriate amount of milk to make it the right level of chocolate for you.

instant noodles

The only truly instant noodles I’ve ever had were Lipton’s Cup-o-Soup, and it was always powder/noodles first, for the same reason as above. Little bit of water to leave room for stirring, then top off.

I don’t drink coffee, and take my tea w/o milk. In the morning, it’s tea-bag, two sugars into cup while waiting for water, then pour water directly over teabag and sugar. In my head, pouring it this way means the sugar dissolves as the pouring water ‘stirs’ it, while also allowing the tea to diffuse evenly.

Probably, it makes no difference at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cereal then milk. I have to make sure it’s enough milk and it’s not always certain how much cereal will pour out.

Water/milk/liquid first, then powder, you animals! :joy: I think it clings to the cup/bowl/pot too much the other way.

Instant-type noodles - I use a hot water kettle to heat water for a pot and usually put the noodles in the pot first b/c impatient

Coffee then milk. To judge the right color and for better distribution. Also sometimes I’m making espresso-based milk drinks, and that’s the usual order.

3 Likes