Diwali at Chettinad Grill, Burlington, MA

I assumed, incorrectly, that Ritu Ki Rasoi would have its Diwali feast tonight, since Wednesday is when they have a dinner buffet. But it was Tuesday, so I missed it.

However, Chettinad Grill is celebrating Diwali for its Saturday and Sunday brunch
(11-3pm), if anyone is interested.

thanks for the tip

I went to the Saturday buffet. Not counting condiments, breads, or desserts, there were 18 items, most of them vegetarian, and spicy. As my spice tolerance is fairly low, I ordered a mango lassi as first aid. There was nothing to indicate Diwali, or that this was a special selection of dishes. As this was my first time there on a weekend, I don’t know if this was a larger selection than usual. I assume that “Snake Guard Kootu”, the strangest-sounding dish, is supposed to be “gourd”, because it was mostly cubes of what seemed to be a firm, green squash - no scales or forked tongues in sight! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: In general, the food here is a cut above the average suburban Indian restaurant offerings. Though familiar northern dishes are on the menu, the owners are from Tamil Nadu, so it also has items less familiar to American patrons.

Note: They used to be open 7 days but are now closed Tuesdays, at least through the winter.

what a disappointment. the “diwali special buffet” was not much different than the regular weekend buffet