Dinner substitute

Interesting concept if true. I would think for short term uses.

2 Likes

2 Likes

You’re really enjoying that picture.

2 Likes

I like to eat . . . the aromas, the flavors, sitting with friends or family or just having a little “me time.” I don’t see how popping a few cubes would be a satisfactory substitute.

1 Like

Bored by

Try this!

3 Likes

I’m surprised a company would name a product that. Maybe all the youngins are unaware.

They’ve got a spoof of the movie on their website (Vimeo link below)

1 Like

You’re not alone.

1 Like

I think it would be sad to just pop a few candies and call it dinner.
But for space travel, or people who need the nutrition but won’t eat this could work.

It is true? I don’t know how they can get 25gm of protein, 28gm of fat and 23 gm of carb (76gm) into a 65gm serving. Something seems fishy here, and it’s not the salmon that the supposedly left out.

2 Likes

For me, there is no interest in this “Molecular” food because I like to see and feel the form, different textures, flavours and even the ritual of having the meal together with others. Also the process of cooking is a therapy, it helps to ease daily stress.

I don’t know if this can be interesting for people that are sick, that lose appetite or elderly that lose motivation to eat.

Just curious, I haven’t tried that, but what’s your feedback if you’ve tried these? Is the food tasty?

1 Like

I hope to never taste them. But maybe helpful for disasters or extreme situation — as long as there is a good water supply.

2 Likes

This would be for a friend who always says food is just for sustenance, and thought iceberg lettuce and tomato was the pinnacle of salad goodness. Glad she was rail thin, but I could never live that way. I enjoy everything about food and meals, and a cube just takes most of that away.

Soylent green is exactly what I thought of when I saw the website. Unless we’re moving into a weird dystopian future or I’m planning for a long, treacherous journey to toss a ring into a volcano and need to pack light, this is a no for me.

2 Likes