Dinner rec in Springfield MA near the Big E?

We’ll be taking our little equestrienne for a horse-filled equine spectacular performance on Saturday night for her birthday at the Big E fairgrounds in Springfield. There’s an all-day event with riding and training demonstrations, tack for sale, ponies for sale, etc, then a dinner break before the big evening performance. Our family of eaters needs somewhere for dinner not more than a 15 minute drive from the fair grounds. We may have lunch at BT’s Smokehouse on the way out, so ideally not something too meat heavy. Oh, and I shudder to type these words, but I seem to be developing less tolerance for gluten as I get older. So no pasta or pizza. Ugh. There- I said it.

1 Like

That might be just as sad as the “dearly missed restaurant” thread.

Wish I had some recommendations for you out west. Having never been to the Big E, I can only imagine that it’s a major ess-show in the general area.

I’ve never been to the Big E either, even after 3e years living in MA, but a quick Google seems to show that Lattitude might be what you’re looking for right across the street. There’s also Storrowton Tavern and Carriage House - says it’s within the Big E? The latter seems to also be a wedding venue.

Thanks! I think Latitude might work. Several nice looking salad options, and some veggie sides which might be just what we need after BT’s for lunch. Unless someone comes up with firsthand info on something else, we’ll plan on it and report back!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been a couple of years in the making and I’m finally homing in on wheat or something in it being a reason for poor digestion. Believe me, I’m the person with an actual bag of gluten on my shelf which I add to my whole grain breads for better texture. So this is not something I’m pleased with. But I suppose it could be worse- we all have acquaintances at this point who are no dairy/no soy/no meat. However, our reputation as that family who literally can and will eat anything is going to take a hit when I unveil this more widely…

2 Likes

Ah too bad, this place, Two Weeks Notice Brewery is closed down for the Big E. The name alone sucked me in.

1 Like

There’s Max’s Tavern next to the Basketball Hall of Fame. Part of the Hartford Max’s group, and really pretty decent.

2 Likes