Détour restaurant (Paris 9)

Haha, let’s see if he wins!! I think you need to book early!!

Chef Adrien Cachot is still competing in Top Chef, 3 candidates left. He is considered a solid candidate and very creative. His opponents include a 1-star Michelin chef David Gallienne and an one-eye 22 yr old Belgian chef Mallory Gabsi.

Woohoo! Adrien is now in final with David, we will know who will be top chef 11 on Wednesday! The last competition is to serve 100 Red Cross volunteers in a prestigious place. From past experiences, the chefs that were more conservative won as the guests were generally not very adventurous. Don’t know if it will differ this year. I think David Gallienne has slightly more chance to win, given he is more strategic and calculating and he will probably play it safe, Adrien likes to surprise and is more unpredictable.

1 Like

Unfortunately my prediction came true, I was hoping otherwise, chef Adrien Cachot didn’t win the title but his passion and risk taking won the audience’s heart. A lovely journey with a few unforgettable dishes.

For those who want to eat in his restaurant, I think he has gained more confidence in the competition and I wonder if there will a change in style in his cooking.

Definitely closed.

Chef Adrien Cachot had planned to end the lease of the restaurant space in June, with the outbreak of COVID in March, he closed 3 months earlier. Note that the chef is looking forward to open a new restaurant.

Quel dommage!

C’est la vie!

Détour was a tiny space, only 19m2, ridiculous with social distancing, I guess.

If the chef opens a new place, I’m sure you’ll report it!

It looks like Adrien Cachot joined up with Le Perchoir Menilmontant in the 11th in mid-October 2021. Not sure if he’s still there. Someone there may want to check it out … Onzième? Parn?

1 Like

He’s apparently at Le Perchoir Menilmontant until the end of April. The blind tasting menu is 95 €, quite an increase from the tarif at sweet little Détour. From June 2018 until September 2019, dinner was 35-50 €, depending. Could be lots more courses now. But no question as to his considerable talent and creativity.

1 Like

Just checked the website, fully booked for the next 2 months. I checked in early January, it was fully booked already…

I think Le Perchoir is temporary for him, Cachot is working to open his own restaurant.

Edited
Looks like reservation that is not 2 persons, you can still find some time slot…

bcc – have you tried the Minipalais n the Grand Palais? We enjoyed it,

No, we never did. But it appears to have been permanently closed.

Detour was the place where he was in the kitchen with a baseball cap and his wife was front of house & had us (& I assume others?) guess some ingredients when dishes were served? We really liked our dinner there & didn’t realize it had closed. Hopefully, he’ll open another place by the time we get there in late Sept. His food was both inventive and tasty.

Yes, that’s the one. Cachot is only doing a few month stint at Le Perchoir Menilmontant. Reservations for March were released Feb. 27, per Instagram. I imagine April seats will be available in late March. Then, all rumors suggest he moves on to his own place.

In 2019, Cachot came in a heartbreaking second in the Top Chef competition, but was the clear favorite of many. I’ve never experienced a chef that could make all parts of an animal or vegetable so enticing. The days of intimate dinners at Détour are probably over. I just hope it’s not going to be a colossal challenge to share his innovative cooking in the future.

There is a new restaurant in the old Détour space called Coda. It’s on my long list of places to try. It has received very good reviews.

2 Likes

Please!

Booked for Thursday night.

1 Like

Great! Coda looks pretty decent - can’t wait to hear back.

A 95€ no-choice tasting menu in the hip Oberkampf is pretty hard to stomach. Even the Michelin 1-stars like Automne, Rigamarole and Virtus in other hip neighbourhoods in eastern Paris are cheaper. I did have a momentary chef crush on Adrien Cachot when he was at Détour but I’ve moved on since then. So easy to do in Paris.

Speaking of chef crushes, my current one is franco-américain Thomas Chisholm (also a Top Chef contestant) at the very well priced Chocho near Square Montholon in the 10th. @SteveR, he was born in Brooklyn.

1 Like