Denmark 2023 trip report

Looks like you and your family really enjoyed your latest adventure in Denmark. Thank you for the virtual ride-along!

Reading a trip report from you is always a bright spot in my day.

7 Likes

This was a fun read, @digga! I’m heading to Copenhagen this May, and will look up a few of the places you visited. Were there any you’d say were absolute must-visits, or?

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, but have you some of my trip reports? (My 2022 Denmark report is similarly low-brow.) We ain’t eating at Noma and its ilk, but it’s fun to report, nevertheless.

In terms of areas in CPH to check out, we’ve enjoyed walking around the Meatpacking district, Reffen, Strøget for strolling. We only took a bus through Christiana on our way to Reffen and it didn’t look our speed at all (plus, the open drug use/dealing really doesn’t appeal to us) but it might be interesting to check out. CPH is a picturesque, eminently strollable, cool city that’s amenable to aimless wandering. The metro is great and very efficient (although you’re probably used to that in Berlin). Even the touristy Nyhavn is fun to check out. Louisiana Museum was great but it’s a bit of a haul to get there so if you have limited time, I might save that for a future trip. I still haven’t made it to the Design Museum but that will be corrected on our next trip to Denmark. The Nørrebro neighborhood is also high on our list to check out next time.

You and PIC will have a fantastic time. We’re not going back to Denmark this year but we’re going to check out Sweden and Norway instead. I look forward to hearing about the wonderful food experiences you will surely find.

6 Likes

Oh, I’ve no interest in 1% meals, thank you very much! We like exploring local cuisines & beverages (although, given the alcohol prices, perhaps a little less so for the latter :grimacing:).

I read a long report on the current state of Christiania, and will likely check it out. Also want to go to Tivoli. What I would love the most is bring back furniture, but that won’t be feasible :wink:

I’ll check out your older reports in the meantime, and do some research.

1 Like

I was just in Copenhagen (see my report on our culinary adventures), and wanted to urge you to visit the Louisiana Museum. The stimulating exhibits change frequently and are superbly mounted, the grounds are beautiful, with the sculptures and the trees complementing each other, and the views of the sea are breathtaking (on a clear day…) It does take about an hour to get there from Central Station (including a ten minute walk), but trains leave frequently. We spent more than four hours there on a misty day, including a very good lunch and browsing through their excellent gift shop, without suffering any museum fatigue. (By way of contrast, we found the Design Museum surprisingly underwhelming)

1 Like

Second that, Louisiana is a must every time I visit. Elsinore is a bit further north and Hamlet’s castle is worth a visit.

Digga, love your report!

2 Likes