Delicious Blow Fish Tails at La Bocca, White Plains...

Was in the mood for an afternoon bite, so stopped into La Bocca in White Plains. Chef Spiritoso confides that he had just received an order of fresh Blow Fish Tails and John Dory. He brings both out of the kitchen on a platter to show me. Well, he ends up preparing a delicious combo platter, along with a side of his addicting cauliflower and potato fritters…don’t remember ever having tried blow fish tails, but they were outstanding.

We get blowfish at the NYC Farmer’s Market, Union Square, frequently. I either grill them (quickly) or fry them in panko coating. How were they prepared? (John Dory is available infrequently here but when it is, I always buy it.)

Chef apparently sautéed the tails as they were quite moist on the bone. Really good sauce, too…

Chef Spiritoso has always been known for his tempting daily Antipasti Table, but took advantage of a new Happy Hour menu served at La Bocca the other day. Drinks started at $3 and ‘Piatti Piccoli’ from $4. Enjoyed my dishes of Grilled Mozzarella & Speck Prosciutto and Baby Meatballs in a fresh tomato sauce.
The Happy Hour menu is available Monday thru Friday: 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.