DeCicco's (with beer!) to open this winter in Millwood, NY!

Highland avenue in Ossining.

1 Like

So I stopped by today since I work nearby. it is indeed very nice, certainly nicer than the Jefferson Valley store (also run by the other side of the family). The had tuna and salmon poke bowls for $12.95. If anyone tries one, please report back.

Alert to anyone who will shop there. New Castle apparently has a new law mandating a 10c charge for shopping bags as of 1/1 (per a sign on the door). So bring your own, or be prepared to pay. I only bought one produce item and it was already in a bag and didn’t need to pay for one (not that I would have).

Wow. I hope the bags are better than the garbage they use at Stop and Shop!!

I saw some paper bags with handles like you get a Trader Joe’s (for free).

When Whole Foods opens, I guess you’ll have the choice of paying 10c for a bag, or bringing your own and getting a 10c credit (WF policy).

I meant to write that we tried their sushi made at the kiosk right next to the bar. The sushi was quite good for grocery store sushi-- clearly very fresh fish, a bit spicy for me, but my husband loved it. I had a salad and some food from their hot bar, mostly average type stuff although I did have a bit of kale and butternut squash pasta that was more of a standout. There isn’t any pizza like at Brewster but they do have a Chop’t style salad bar for made to order salads in addition to the regular salad bar.

The new bag law for New Castle was news to us but we almost always have our reusable bags with us. One thing this does mean is that I guess they won’t have any recycling receptacles for plastic bags since they won’t have plastic bags, so I guess we’ll have to keep bringing those to Stop and Shop for recycling.

Brilliant idea, no more plastic bags. Good thing I’m stockpiling them.

Otherwise, what do they expect dog owners to use? Ah yes, the dog bag sellers are no doubt backing this boondoggle.

And no, the world will not be saved because plastic bags are banned.

Nice. I probably won’t get to the Millwood shop but I work right by the Armonk location which is also very nice. But the bags are free.

DeCicco’s beer bar now has flights of four beers available. The beer list isn’t quite as interesting as Brewster or Armonk but it’s the best in Millwood anyway! :slight_smile: Lauren, the bartender, is fantastic, and she told us that they plan to offer a food menu that you can order at the bar at some point in the near future. For now you can get sushi and decent food from the hot bar.

The only thing I haven’t been impressed with from Deciccos was a piece of salmon I got to cook. I think I"m spoiled by Pura-Vida (from the farmers’ markets in Ossining and P’ville) because it was just flavorless. Back to the farmers’ market I go…

My mom is a big fan of the salmon at H-mart. To the point that she only buys it there.Have you tried it? If so,what did you think of it.

1 Like

No, I haven’t tried it. Thanks for the tip. I’ll have to give it a try. Usually if I get salmon I get it at whole foods. Lately my obsession from Pura Vida has been their steelhead trout. Very similar to salmon.

I buy the sushi quality salmon at H-mart. Then I cook it medium-rare. it’s excellent. I had been buying their sushi tuna but once it got up to $35 a pound I said no. The salmon is “only” $15.

Ok, I think I’ll stop this week and get some salmon. I was going to stop at Whole Foods for some but I’ll give H Mart a try based on both your recommendations!

1 Like