Death by pod and packaging... Plastic food delivery systems angling to put an end to cooking and profit from your loss

I heard good things about he Aeropress too.

That doesn’t sound like any fun at all once the novelty wears off, which it should pretty quickly. I’ve been so disappointed in all the Keurig-like devices except the Nespresso that somebody brought to the office for a while, that really gave you a pretty good cup of espresso- IF you used the right pod. This will be a colossal waste of money and a serious polluter, likely for substandard end products, a fad for the wealthy and lazy.

1 Like

Let’s say if these machines all work and people love them, meaning you need a lot of precious spaces on the kitchen top to place all these mono task machines. Maybe next is to build shelves for all these machines.

I have never been a fan in this post ink-jet printer business model.

2 Likes

I love my Nespresso, and appreciate that they recycle the pods – they have drop-off locations to handle them. But you’re right, knockoff pods for it are universally terrible, and I hate that I can’t simply buy genuine Nespresso pods in stores; they’re only available online thru Nespresso.

2 Likes

Yeah, the having to order them would turn me off to it completely in time. I only bought them once (then the owner left and took the Nespresso with him).

Ive had nespresso machines for years and yeah, it’s a pita. In Europe yiu can buy off-brand capsules at the grocery, but they arent as good.

I understand the appeal with the coffee maker even though I think the coffee is pretty bad but a one trick pony tortilla making machine. I don’t see then getting to production. But when you’re using other people’s money to finance a good story, anything goes

2 Likes