david’s cookies.

free link to david liederman’s (founder of david’s cookies)

such fond memories of sitting in harvard square with a friend, both of us with knees spread wide, trying to eat an ice cream sandwich between 2 chocolate chunk cookies without wearing it.

david liederman

5 Likes

An amazing life he had! And I remember those cookies…they were a revelation at the time.

1 Like

…studded with irregular pieces of dark Swiss chocolate-quote

I think he had a big hand in making those irregular chocolate pieces avail to home bakers.

1 Like

Wow. I did not know his story. I did know his cookies - which were properly legendary.

These cooking lawyers … whatcha gonna do? :wink:

That is quite a story and the many twists and turns of his life. Even though his cookies aren’t up to his standards as when he ran the company (according to his tastes), I still think they are a pretty good cookie compared to other larger retail cookies.

I remember having the cookies once, sold directly at his first cookie store in NYC. Delicious memory from long ago. On the same occasion, I ate his restaurant. I still have his 1979 cookbook, Cooking the Nouvelle Cuisine in America. It’s interesting as a period piece and I still enjoying making a few of th recipes now and then.

1 Like