Dalgona coffee anyone?

I’ve made the pudding part, so we’ll see how it works with the Dalgona coffee.

1 Like

Well?

It went quite well, thanks. The Medaglia D’Oro espresso powder does make a better-tasting Dalgona coffee than the Safeway brand instant coffee.

A number of months ago, we had bought from Costco a 6-pack of tiramisu that came from Italy, and each dessert came in an actual glass. These 4-oz glasses have been great for small cocktails, and of course for desserts; I served this by putting a layer of pudding at the bottom of the glass, then a layer of Dalgona coffee, and a small top layer of pudding.

FYI: we had some of the remaining pudding last night with stewed bananas and Kraken spiced rum, then will have tonight with meringues and fresh berries.

Awesome. I’m going to give it a go.

Good luck! The pudding is easy to make, and forgiving as long as you follow the directions explicitly. I added a little too much cornstarch at first, as I didn’t get the paste she mentions and thought I had done it wrong, but it turned out OK. You won’t get a paste, so don’t worry.

1 Like

I have prepared Dalgona coffee! It was about month ago because I got so inspired by Instagram videos! There are plenty of people who prepare dalgona coffee and I said: I have to do it! And yeah, it was quite tasty. I like it as it is so creamy. I did it iced, I think it’s better cold than hot :slight_smile:

I agree on cold vs hot. I have also whipped the coffee cream using cold water and it works exactly like boiling water. I have also used the cream to top cheesecake, pudding and ice cream. If you enjoy mocha as a topping, this small portioned IG moment has tons of possibilities. Great use of that neglected jar of insta-coffee.

1 Like