cuzin's in marlboro?

I’m half Italian, but the majority of my neighbors are full-blooded guidos from New Yawk. I’d swear some of them are mafia-related.

Had enough of THAT when my parents and I lived next door to a Mafia kingpin, and he threatened my life, to my face, when I was about 15 or so.

I’m half Italian myself, they all want you to believe they are “related” however 99% of them are NOT and that’s what I find intolerable.

Like my father always said, never worry about the loudmouths. The quiet guy in the corner is the one to watch.

2 Likes

Has anyone been here recently? Is it worth a trip?

@NotJrvedivici did you ever return after that surf and turf dinner?

Sure I’ve been back several times, I can’t say anything “bad” about the place, the food is generally very good. I’m just not a fan of the crowd, usually I’m dining alone at the bar after work appointments etc. This bar is very “active” and not conducive to a quiet meal to unwind after a busy day. That’s the biggest drawback for me, but I"m sure if you sit in the dining room you won’t have that problem. (prices are high too)

1 Like

Good to know on all fronts. 95% of the time we have the little one with us so dining at the bar is out. Thanks for the response!

1 Like

I’m guessing back in the day the parking lot was full of IROC Z 28 camaros.

1 Like

So I was killing time yesterday waiting for a dinner pick up from Cuzins on route 79 in Marlboro ( had about 30 minutes to kill) I decided to drive by Wegmans’s Manalapan to see if I could just make a quick pick up of some stuff.
That’s seems to be impossible ,at 4:30 on a Wednesday afternoon it’s a minimum half hour wait.
So off to Tuscany in the same strip as Cuzins and loaded up on a weeks supply of fresh vegetables & meats & specialty items.
So cross Wegmans’s off my go to place.
I am too old for this waiting line routine.
Cuzins dinner of their Fra diavolo a huge Greek salad and a clams in a white sauce& pasta was good.
I live less than 5 minutes from Cuzins but still had to hit the clam dish for a minute in the microwave to get it to my liking.
The Fra diavolo was in a metal container so it was hot enough and enough for 2 meals, looked like a 1 pound lobster with lots of clams, shrimp & mussels, scallops and plenty of pasta.
Tough times we live in, this should be my biggest problem , right?

4 Likes

Funny after tell you to post here, I realized I never posted about my Cuzin’s take out! lol Practice what you preach Notjr!!!

I too had take out from Cuzin’s probably about 3 weeks ago, the food was excellent and the serving sizes were truly ridiculously large. They were also offering some discounts on wines etc. certainly worth a try if you haven’t given them some thought please do!

4 Likes

It’s a solid place

2 Likes

Unfortunately for me, I generally eat there after work appointment(s) and am often alone and sit at the bar. The bar crowd (similar to Osteria up the street) is truly not of my liking. Way too much of a who’s who and pick up joint if you ask me. So although I enjoy their food I’ve stopped going because I just can’t take the bar crowd.

1 Like

Yeah the bar crowd there gets a little “ friendly “ sometimes but I am a regular for Happy Hour and I avoid it on Friday & Saturday nights.
The real bar freak show is at Osteria down the road in Marlboro.

1 Like

My wife and I went for Dinner last night. Unbeknownst to us they have a DJ on Thursday night. The music was not overwhelming loud but we had to shout to hear each other. Also agree with the prior comments about the clientele being predominantly Oompa Loompas.

Onto the food which I would say was actually Excellent. We had a dozen oysters of varying varieties and all were very good as we’re the dozen clams. We also got a king crab leg that was heated up properly and was delicious. For main courses we got a 3 pound lobster that was slightly chewy but I also think at that size to fully cook the lobster it is going to be a little chewy. We also split a Dover Sole entree with mashed potatoes and Asparagus. The remarkable thing I can say about the fish is we also had it at Le Bernardin and this version was better. The mashed potatoes were silky and delicious and the asparagus were very thick which my wife and I prefer and were cooked perfectly and seasoned well.

For desert we had some hazelnut gelato and a croissant with berry compote and again both were excellent.

As far as drinks go my wife had a specialty martini that was not very good and I had their Manhattan to start which again wasn’t great. I switched to basic old fashioned after that and it was actually probably the best one I’ve had in a restaurant. My wife had a nice glass of Rose our server recommended.

If the place wasn’t so noisy we would go back in a heartbeat but that along with the clientele makes it not really our scene. That being said we will likely return as the food was really good. Oh and the service was excellent.

4 Likes

Exactly my feelings, there have been a few places I’ve enjoyed but the crowds turn me off, this is the latest one. That combined with some pandemic behaviors my ownership makes this a no-go for me anymore, sadly.

2 Likes

Totally agree, as I live basically across the street( not literally) from Cuzins I observed some really sketchy behavior during the height of the pandemic which turned me off from them.
Used to enjoy a quick stop for the seafood salad & white wine or the linguini & White clam sauce. That’s what stops me from going back.
However I am really intrigued by seeing Oompa Loompas in their natural environment.
Probably the best line ever posted​:+1::+1:

4 Likes

The crowd being Oompah Loompahs is probably the best description of a crowd ever written in the history of the Internet :wine_glass::+1::+1:

3 Likes