[Cupertino] Special Noodle Soup 和記鸡汤米线

Special Noodle Soup has a very un-special English name. But they are a Chiu Chow noodle joint that has some pretty special, to me, noodle dishes. The chinese name reflects a little more accurately (one of) their specialty, which is their chicken broth based noodle soup.

First these guys are Chiu Chow, so as you can see from the first photo, they make their own fish balls, cuttlefish balls, and beef balls etc… And these balls are balling for them. Ok maybe not huge crowds but definitely draws in the aficionados.

Second, these guys make good noodle broth. Slow cooked for 20 hours. You can taste the clean, fresh chicken broth with the unami from the bones, etc.

Mixed house-made meatballs combo: the winner for me. Chef’s recommendation for good reason. Its delicious. The balls are kicking balls.

Laksa fish noodle combo. Definitely try the fish noodle. Don’t see fish noodle much in the bay area. the last time i had something like this was when Wenzhou Noodle place was still open in San Jose. The noodle is made with beam fish paste. Good stuff.

11 Likes

This reminds me of “Noodles and Things” on 3rd in San Mateo. Similar 20 hour broth, build your own soup menu, and generic name. I’m a fan of that place.

What kind of style of noodles is it over there?

Three solid customised bowls: pork seaweed ramen, chicken ramen and fish beef pork balls fish noodles. Not pictured is flat rice noodle which would be my choice after the fish noodle

4 Likes