Cultural Fusion examples around me my whole life

Given the name, my guess is it wants to be Irn Bru flavoured.

3 Likes

Twoheys–South Pasadena

3 Likes

I live in an area where most dairy farms incorporate Latinos for milking. There’s also a large Amish community here. I’ve noticed the Amish here adore Mexican food. It’s to the point, I’m translating recipes for them. The Mexicans, in turn, wisely shop the Amish auction for their veggies and spices.

I think we’ll soon have Amish/Mexican cuisine. Amish are now growing Latino staples (tomatillos, etc.) But, just their tomatoes, garlic, etc., the Amish grown produce is so good and so cheap, you’d be nuts to pass it up.

We’ve got a huge Hmong community just west of us, and they’re moving east, so, if we had MexiHmongAmish food, we’d be hitting on all cylinders.

2 Likes

Hi Greg,

I’d love to see some of the results–the Hmong usually have at least basic knowledge of Thai (which should fit in)–I had some good Hmong friends when I was staying in Chiang Mai.

Ray

I noticed the place most Hmong shop around here is a Thai store. I love their egg rolls. Mung bean noodles improve the texture.

1 Like

This place was featured in LA Times article with title:

“An LA special: Burritos with pastrami and chili”

It’s a seemingly simple hamburger joint that mixes culture wildly around many sandwiches it prepares. Certainly doesn’t look that way from the outside. . .

2 Likes

Wait! So now you’ve changed your definition 180⁰?

1 Like

Hi bbqboy,

I’m not a philosopher, and I’m not offering “definitions.” This thread is full of cultural fusion examples and stories which are pretty self explanatory.

IMO, of course.

There is an interesting article about this place and nearby community in today’s LA Times (I subscribe), but I couldn’t get a link to work properly.

Here you go:

6 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice eat, except…

…I wonder why a restaurant does that.

1 Like

If you can’t define, then refine your perspective for us, so we know where you’re going.

Lettuce/tomato on bottom? IDK

1 Like

Lolol. I meant make a burger so big it’s inedible.

You know many people believe in this, right? Are we going to have this discussion on HungryOnion.

1 Like

Greg,

I’m posting Cultural Fusion examples–the title of this thread. Did you read the LA Times article about this “Olympic” place that was posted?

Okay, that was my first thought. It’s just become so ubiquitous, these challenging burgers. I love a burger that stays together the whole process. Funny, when I get BBQ I go to get dirty. Need a shower when I’m done. But I get embarrassed is my burger ends up all over the place. Kinds ruins the meal for me.

Here’s my favorite place.

Large diameter, one patty, simple toppings. It can still get messy; but you can keep it together.

2 Likes

Hi, RD,

This place, and others in the area, provide plates, bowls, and tools that allow the purchaser to take the burger apart–or even omit the bun altogether–and eat the burger and fries with knife and fork.

I’ve eaten one that way, but mostly I’ve gotten a patty melt, where there is no problem.

:laughing: It’s as big as she is.

Yes, that looks good. And excellent pov shot of your’s.