Crisp Doner [Houston, Texas]

I had meant to mention this place earlier as I had visited it about a month ago. A buddy and I had stopped in whilst in the neighborhood. I had watched it being built out in an old Timmy Chan store in fits and starts. I’m pretty sure it took them about two years. It’s on Highway 6, just north of Westheimer.

The space is bright and modern with lots of hard surfaces. It’s probably pretty loud when full but we were having a late lunch with only a couple of occupied tables so it wasn’t an issue.

Here’s a link to their website, but it’s just a vanity page as of right now.

Here’s a link to their Facebook page which is a bit more informative.

Here’s a link to their Yelp page with a menu.

So I had one of my favorite Med dishes, an Adana Kebap. It’s a nice spicy ground beef and lamb skewer wrapped in flatbread and dressed with some other stuff. In other restaurants from other countries it’s also called kubideh or kefta. Oh, and my buddy had the Classic Doner Plate and took half of it home.

I loved it. I found it way better than the Vertskebap places that all seem to have closed. Their Facebook page still lists them as a food truck, but as noted, it’s now a brick and mortar. I can’t say I would drive across town for it, but I’d drive a few miles to get there again.

Just thought you should know.

Let’s eat!