Creative Paris restaurants without seafood?

Hello! I am looking for suggestions for modern/creative Paris restaurants that can accommodate allergies to fish and shellfish. Tasting menu or a la carte is fine and price is not a consideration. I respect and understand that not all kitchens are equipped to deal with allergens or special requests so please point me in the direction of places that can. So far my list of places I’d like to go includes Granite, Montee or Frenchie for one star dining, and the below to round out my two weeks in town:

Parcelles
Eels
Le Richer
Pouliche
Le Servan
Jeanne-Aiemee
Pierre Sang in Oberkampf
Racines
Le Rigamarole

None of the ones that you list is a seafood-centered restaurant, so they all should do (but be aware that Le Rigmarole is now a pizza place – I haven’t been since it converted). That said, although they are good places*, none of them is what I would call cutting edge modern/creative for Paris these days; the closest to that on your list would probably be eels and Jeanne-Aimée, but one can push the envelope much, much more.

Even if you go to a seafood place, almost all have non-seafood/shellfish alternatives.

• I’ve not been to Racines.

Thanks Onzieme for your reply. I should specify that what I am hoping to find is not necessarily envelope-pushing, Avant Garde or molecular, but rather chef-driven cuisine that’s not super traditional. Basically restaurants that cook seasonal food creatively that offer meat or veg options for each course. Are there any that you particularly like?

EU regulations require that all eating establishments provide a list of major allergens in each dish. Just ask for it before ordering.

Creative chefs are also masters of improvisation. When you book, there is usually a section in the online reservation form for “Demandes particulières”/ special instructions where you can list what you are allergic to.

I suppose there must be molecular in Paris, but happily, I’m ignorant of it.

Of the restaurants you list, Parcelles, eels, le Richer, (and its sister restaurants 52 rue du Faubourg St-Denis and Café Compagnon) and Jeanne-Aimée all have what I call contemporary French cuisine that is seasonal and have meat and/or veg options of each course, and I have recent experience with all and endorse all of them.

Pierre Sang Boyer fits in there, too, but I haven’t been in probably 4-5 years.

Le Servan has even more of an Asian twist to it than Pierre Sang, but I haven’t been there in probably 6-7 years.

No experience at Racines, and La Rigmarole has changed, as I indicated above.

If I were you, I’d make choices among those in my first paragraph of this post by looking at the menus that most or all of them post weekly or monthly on their websites and go for the ones that are most appealing. The one that may make this difficult is Parcelles – you often have to reserve a week or two in advance. Moreover, I think that there is a substantial possibility that Parcelles and/or Jeanne-Aimée will get Michelin stars next month, which would make reservations harder to get and may well raise prices. (Note that Le Richer, 52 rue du Faubourg S-D, and Café Compagnon do not take reservations and they are also open 7/7.)

1 Like