Creation of $900 giant wagyu burger to celebrate the new king by Tokyo hotel

I think it would be a rather nice occasion, to create instead, a new Japanese originated food.

Video here:
https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/videos/emperor-burger-tokyo-chef-whips-up-dollar900-monster-for-new-monarch/vp-BBVtWSr

1 Like

Wow, that is a monster. I wonder if anyone will actually order it?

Yeah, 25kg / 55 pounds, you need at least 40 people to share it.

I wonder how eating gold is on your health

I wonder more why it is used, as it was sprinkled inside (if you watched the video), unlike pastry that you really see it.

Theoretically, you could eat your fill of 24-karat gold without falling ill. Pure gold is chemically inert and passes through the human digestive system without being absorbed into the body. Since 24-karat gold is very soft and fragile, most edible gold—whether leaf, flakes, or dust—also contains a little bit of silver, which is also inert. Non-edible gold leaf, which is used for gilding, sometimes contains copper, which can be toxic in high doses. Consuming impure gold preparations such as colloidal gold or gold salts can lead to a change in skin pigmentation and other adverse health effects. Eating too much pure gold might give you a stomachache, just like eating too much of anything else might, but it won’t have any more dire effects unless you’re among the minority of people who are allergic to gold.
(Quoted from the article below)