Crazy new restaurant to open in Palm Coast, Florida

What do you all think?

1 Like

I think it’s sited too far north.

Should be further south in Orlando. Would fit right in there.

2 Likes

I agree. I don’t think this is quite the upscale setting you want to pay $100 a person for! Looks creepy.

1 Like

Here it is. It totally freaks me out.

1 Like

I agree with ipse that it’d likely fare better in the Orlando area (along I Drive?); feels more like a themed entertainment - like Rainforest Cafe - than a destination restaurant.

Why/what about it is freaky to you, @winecountrygirl?

It just looks like a cave and the seats look really uncomfortable. And for a theme restaurant….water, why is it French. I love French food, so if I hear the food is good I’ll give it a try…. May, 2025!

1 Like

Are there a lot of waterfalls in France?
This guy has too much money.
:wink:

1 Like

It’s…it’s…like a beautiful new Casa Bonita! (IYKYK)

2 Likes

I’m always skeptical when a restaurateur puts so much money into a setting. I’d rather have a modest setting with great food, in the end his investment is going to end up in everyone’s check.

Now, if they added a goody golf course, that would be different :joy:

2 Likes

Agreed. And they have been “opening” this place now since 2021. It was supposed to open every May since. Now they are up to 2025.

2 Likes

As someone who spends six months a year within a 15 minute drive of this place, I’m been watching it for a long time. The fact that the guy has NO restaurant experience says it all. If it ever does actually open I give it 6 months max until it closes forever. Unless of course he keeps it going by endless subsidies from his personal funds, same way he has been developing it. Really, IMO it’s just the dumbest thing imaginable.

1 Like

As am I. What area? We are in the Conservatory.

That restaurant is running tours of the place.it looks totally creepy inside IMHO?