Craft idea for celebrating cherished family handwritten recipes

Each time I see the yellowed recipe cards from loved ones long gone I smile. Just their distinctive handwriting brings back memories.

I came across a great post about making dish towels with the image of old recipe cards.
I’ve used Spoonflower for printing my designs on fabric before. Their site is pretty easy to use - even for a seriously non-tech person like me.

http://blog.spoonflower.com/2012/07/turn-recipes-into-tea-towels/

The post about sharing recipes reminded me of this project and I thought it would be good to share!

2 Likes

that’s a really cool idea - thanks

My eldest nephew is getting married. He loves to cook. I think I will make some of these with family recipes as part of my gift to them.

2 Likes

I have scanned copies of my great-grandmother’s and great-great grandmother-in-laws hand written cookbooks (from which we still make some recipes) that I think would make great gifts. Wish I could do them for this holiday but that is impossible at this point - still going to do them though.

2 Likes

Just saw a slightly different spin on the idea:

1 Like

I give this a thumbs up, even if I don’t have any handwritten recipes to have made into towels. Cool.

3 Likes

Terrific idea! I could see this for napkins, tablecloths, kitchen curtains, and aprons.

1 Like