Covid cookbook challenge round 2

From his YouTube interview persona, also a very simple pragmatic man. No overthink or pompous frou frou. Fresh ingredients, minimum intervention, ingenious combinations.

@Ohhello In the meantime, come hang out on the What’s For Dinner thread and share your meals along the way!

4 Likes

Great collection of impressions and recipes along with part one, thanks for sharing!

Very impressive. Especially compiling orderly into a list. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve several of your books, will gladly check out the dishes. I agree with @Saregama, you should check out our What’s for Dinner monthly thread, it will be fun to see you around. Our WFD’s archive is here.

2 Likes

On pho, I’ve made chicken pho a few times, usually when I’ve some chicken carcasses lying around from other meals, will try to make the “geletin” stock, that I can decide later whether to use that as pho, ramen or other noodle soup. Personally, I like beef pho more. Yes! Like you, when we eat pho, it will last at least a few meals with the big pot of stock. It’s also great to serve a lot of people with a big dinner.

I’ve Charles Phan’s Slanted Door. For Vietnamese cooking I usually use the books of Andrea Nguyen, which are excellent.

3 Likes

Will do! Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

I’ve meant to purchase one of her books, but tend to try recipes from her site. I’ve made her recipe for lemongrass pork for years now! She’s amazing.

3 Likes

Thanks! When you are trapped at home with little kids, something like this is a welcome distraction.

3 Likes

Yes I know …

We had a fairly long lockdown too in Spain (13 / 03 / 2020 - 31 / 05 2020 ) however, there are regions in Spain that continued curfews and no travel outside the autonomous region of residency due to high Covid rates.

Barcelona was a disaster. Madrid Capital opened up much
faster. Economic reasons obviously.