COVID-19 food finds in/around Los Angeles

Ah. The only overlap for us would be Bavel. Maybe it was an off night for them? Like @attran99, I haven’t dined there, so I can’t compare. I do remember, however, liking the pita, although I don’t know if it was housemade.

While I’ve enjoyed most of our higher end to-go meals, I find the mid-priced stuff to be really satisfying and will probably be mainly sticking w/ those.

Will have to try Win-Dow since I like a classic (or any, actually) burger. Have you had the Charcoal (walk up) burger? I think it’s pretty good.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report @ipsedixit. I agree: I think it’d be impossible to have To-Go Bavel replicate the fresh Housemade Pita that you get when you dine-in.

@attran99 @paranoidgarliclover when this hell is all over and it’s safe, you definitely have to visit Bavel dine-in and order their Hummus (or Baba Ghanoush). What you get served are Housemade Pitas that have just come out of the oven. It’s fluffy, airy, piping hot and so fragrant and light! :heart:

Note: I haven’t had Bavel To-Go yet, but the main reason is because I don’t think it’s possible for them to preserve their Pita’s level of airiness and piping hot freshness To-Go. (It is that good.) :blush:

The other items I think might hold up just fine though.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I do… I stop supporting restaurants that’ve brought my tastebuds so much joy, because they’ve gone takeout-only thru no fault of their own and the foods not exactly like dine-in.

1 Like

Adding to this thread … not new restaurants, but new finds at well-established restaurants.

Doubting Thomas: Guava affogato (unreal!)

Proof Bakery: Housemade Chinese Tisane (hey, anything and everything to help combat Covid-19, right?)

2 Likes