Cousin coming in from Japan for 5 days, is this a decent list? Southwest CT

Other than picking him up from and dropping him off at JFK, I really want to stay as far away from the city for as long as possible. In addition, I’m not going to bring him to any asian restaurants (unless he wants pho, in that case I’ll stop by bridgeport).

Hoodoo Brown and/or Bailey’s Backyard for BBQ
Elm/South End/Match/Harlan for american
The National/Char/Schoolhouse at Cannondale/Mill St for some nicer dining
Locali/Colony for pizza
Hapa/Valencia for a quick bite

I know I won’t be able to get to every single spot, but I thought this would be a good local spread to work from. INDIA in new canaan also looked interesting. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, looking to keep it within the same areas.

Baileys Backyard is not BBQ but a great choice anyway.

Excellent list…my thoughts.

Gwenn is correct on BB, I recommend as well but not BBQ. Hoodoo is the only BBQ in the area (some would add Dinosaur, but Hoodoo is much better)
I would also add The Cottage in Westport for American if you can get a table, which is difficult.
Quick bites I would add The Whelk and Kawa Ni (I know it is Asian, but it is pretty special)
Pizza I would add Amore, Fortina and Bar Sugo and remove Colony (I like but not as much as the others)
Others to think about are The Spread in SONO and Rincon in Norwalk

Thanks for the response. I don’t know why I thought bailey’s was BBQ, but I’m definitely taking a trip there. Does anyone have experience with Aracni 67? They just opened their new location and it’s a 5 min walk from where I live

Maybe because there is a Bailey’s Smokehouse in
Rockland County that was discussed on CH.