Counter Depth Refrigerators

I did try sanding it, but given I was using just sandpaper and elbow grease, it was not very effective. I suppose I should try an electric sander, right?

I’d use a belt sander. BIG sander. grin

I’m basically really happy with the DCS fridge - I especially like the fact it’s not very deep, therefore nothing gets lost! I’d like the seals to the fridge doors to be a little tighter, but it all works well, so it’s great for us @shrinkrap.

1 Like

@Lambchop, thank you. I think I’m going to give it a go, and put the "old " fridge in the garage, at least for a bit.

This would be the contents of my condiment refrigerator.

4 Likes

Oh it all looks so familiar, since I’m a condiment geek too @shrinkrap! Glad you made your decision.

1 Like

I stumbled upon this thread that I know I’ll be looking for shortly…

Idesign

OMG I would almost kill for that kitchen. Even if the fridge is cabinet depth, it looks huge, unless it’s a stealthy wide angle Photoshopped shot. Even so…

1 Like

Here is the new fridge.

![PXL_20210108_050540810.MP|525x700](upload://2BUxrXdDXSNvvBgZw5lH

5 Likes

That’s a beauty. Enjoy it!!

1 Like

Beautiful! Mine hasn’t been that empty since the day we got it!

2 Likes

Aaaaaand here we go.

Love the beautiful, sleek lines of this @shrinkrap; how do you like it so far? Your H must be happy, at last!

1 Like

I told him I hope he’s going to take all these take out boxes to the refrigerator in the garage, where it fits!

2 Likes

Yes! So great to have an extra fridge in the garage!

1 Like

Woohoo, that is a beautiful fridge. Hopefully you are getting used to the difference in size. Worth the wait? :grinning:

Definitely helpful to have the extra fridge. I made a Costco run yesterday, and I can’t imagine were I would put some of this stuff I came home with otherwise.

2 Likes

We’ve had five adults for much of the winter, when we usually have just two, and we were all about to come to fisticuffs.

1 Like

I’m reading this thread (really reading) for the first time, and now the only thing I can take away from it is a Pythonesque “Go and freeze your bottoms, you sons of silly persons!” :laughing:

4 Likes

Ice maker on “the fritz”. Out of warranty and only one local Bosch repair person.

1 Like

I’ve now had 3, and my next to last one, a Kitchen Aid didn’t last 3 years including 2 under-warranty repairs. I now have a Bosch - it was available, and I needed a fridge immediately. It’s still running. My two Kitchen Aids were side by side, the Bosch has the now inexplicably popular dumpster dive bottom pull out freezer. Be aware that, for the same total size Unit, the freeze drawer on the bottom models will hold about 1/3 less in the freezer than a side by side. The fridge portion, obviously, holds more.

1 Like

My opinion is that anything that minimizes the dominance of a refrigerator over a kitchen is a good thing. Counter depth, undercounter, smaller overall all can be good choices.

My beach house is small, and it once suffered such domination–what should have been a clear sight line from entryway to the beachfront window wall was blocked by a refrigerator monolith. Moving it to the bunkhouse/halau wa’a and replacing it with an undercounter reefer-only was a design epiphany.

Here’s another suggestion for your research: consider two appliances, reefer-only in a proximal place, and freezer-only away from the kitchen. I think you’ll find that a 17-19cf reffer-only is surprisingly capacious.

4 Likes