Could we upload pics of ourselves?

I wondered whether we would be allowed to upload a pic of ourselves? After reading the welcome to HO I thought it might be nice to see who we all are.

What do others think?

Only if you disguise yourself. All kidding aside, I did post a picture of myself (real self) besides a few complaints from people whose children saw the pic and had nightmares, nobody chastised me for posting it. I don’t think there is a problem with it, however I would probably stick to that “Welcome” thread so it keeps somewhat on topic. They probably don’t want a ton of people starting new threads to share photo’s etc. (That’s not an official comment just my assumption)

2 Likes

Is that really you???

As with NotJ, can’t it just be one’s avatar?

1 Like

Whaddya mean? Mine’s been up since day 1.

2 Likes

Just like those doctors on TV who aren’t one in real life, but play one on TV, I am, and always shall be (on cooking boards) a slender Chef stick figure.

Because I shall never be that IRL…meaning I shall never be a Chef, and most definitely, shall NEVER be a slender stick figure. :smile:

2 Likes

I just uploaded a picture.

Well I just figured out how to upload a profile pic and others. Guess I’m a technical idiot!!

Nah. I had to try it myself :slight_smile:

Back in the primeval days of this Site, I had a pic of myself up for my avatar. It came down after Sampson and others raised concerns that it might be driving traffic away from the Site.

Being a team player, I ceded to their wisdom. Albeit with the caveat that I can bring it back when we hit twenty-five thousand members.

2 Likes

Beware of what you said, we are such a fast growing community, will be hitting 1000 in a few days from now!

That was really you? I thought that was a picture of the Sasquatch from the Jack Links beef jerky commercials. Oh wow…ummm nice beard man!!

I have heard a different story- that yours and NotJr’s dashing pictures were driving many fan requests to meet both of you in person that it overloaded the site and the cheap servers completely.

2 Likes