Cosmic Crisp Apple avail Dec 1

1 Like

Never have I seen such hype for an apple. Just ate one. It’s fine. A little too sweet for me and for lack of a better word sort of fermented after taste. Maybe I got a bad one. They are grown near where I live so they should be good. I’ll stick with honey crisp which I am now eating. It is crisper, has a nicer color and does not have the too sweet after taste. I paid $1.99 lb. I understand one store in Portland is charging $4.99.

2 Likes

We found these at a local orchard in mid-October this year - they are a nice texture for fresh eating but a bit sweet for my taste, although I found them to be better balanced than Honey Crisp (which I find WAY too sweet). They had a bit of zing, but that may dissipate with longer storage.

Have yet to find them for sale.

I bought Cosmic Crisp last year at Wegmans. They were very good keepers that retained the zippy underlying tartness. They were small, which suited me fine. In October, I found larger ones at Walmart but they were not as good. They were likely picked after downpours ended the summer-long drought. IME apples become waterlogged, with diluted flavor, when there are autumnal deluges. I prefer Snapdragon to both Honeycrisp (tastes perfumey to me) and Cosmic Crisp.

They are my favorite apple to eat “as is.” I don’t find them too sweet at all. Nice and crisp, too.