Corzetti [San Francisco, Union Square]

I had an early dinner at the bar at Corzetti, a hotel restaurant in the Hotel G near Union Square from Adriano Paganini’s Back of House restaurant group, which also runs Beretta, A Mano, Delarosa, Super Duper Burger, etc. Eater blurb here:

Corzetti’s theme is coastal Italy, e.g. Liguria. The name of the restaurant comes from a type of disc shaped Ligurian pasta, which is also featured on one of the pasta dishes.

I got in just early enough for the happy hour menu, which is served in the bar area every day between opening and 6:30pm.

I started with a Negroni ($10 Happy Hour)

Polpette ($10 Happy Hour)
Some meatballs made of short ribs and guanciale, tender and juicy. In a tomato sauce with some grilled toast.

Squid ($7 Happy Hour)
Nicely fried calamari with a light crispy batter and an aioli for dipping.

Focaccia di Recco ($18 + $4 for mortadella)
thin crescenza cheese-stuffed focaccia
A thin Ligurian flatbread filled with cheese. I added mortadella as a topping for an extra $4. Very good. The focaccia exterior was thin and crispy, and the melted crescenza cheese layer inside was a little tangy. Delicious, my first time trying this dish. Enough for two people.

Very good meal, will be back to try the handkerchief pasta with pesto.

Menus

More pics

13 Likes

I had another dinner at Corzetti tonight.

CRUDO ($18)
Kampachi, satsuma, green chili, basil oil, pistachio, fried shallot.
This had maybe an Asian influence with the fried shallot, which provided some crunch along with the pistachio bits. Not bad but it could have used a little salt, I probably wouldn’t get this again.

FAZZOLETTI AL PESTO ($22)
Basil, pine nut, parmigiano
Fazzoletti are “handkerchief” pasta, and this dish consisted of wide sheets of the pasta coated thoroughly with a delicious pesto, with some pine nuts sprinkled about for crunch. This was great! The fazzoletti were thin and supple, they had a really nice texture.

6 Likes