Corned Beef & Cabbage, New Jersey

@corvette_johnny and @heidicooksandbakes and I met up at TST BBQ today, and it definitely didn’t disappoint! The three of us shared the fire + ice pickles and the “baby box,“ which came with 1/4 pound of brisket, 1/4 pound of pulled pork, three ribs, cole slaw, and a Martin’s potato roll (that’s my guess… we never ate it). We also got a separate side of “candied sprouts” and 1/4 pound of the aforementioned smoked corned beef with the root beer kraut, which we all agreed was a winner. We also agreed the CB was the best meat of the day, so mission accomplished! Beautifully cooked, a gorgeous color (as you can see below), and very impressive bark.

We had a little bit of leftovers, which Johnny and I split, and Heidi took home an order of the kraut and some corned beef. Another successful (albeit small) HOdown! Always a good time. :blush:

8 Likes

It was great meeting Corvette Johnny, and seeing Curlz again. The company was excellent!

I love that we got to taste so many different items. The pickles were really good, kind of like a bread and butter, with some heat sneaking up on you at the end. They could be addictive!

The ribs were also very good. Johnny recommended the beefy bbq sauce, as they use the juices from the cooking in it. That was my favorite sauce.

The standout for me was the corned beef. Terrific bark, cooked to the perfect amount of tenderness without falling apart, and very moist.

I also took home some of the root beer and bacon sauerkraut.

As Curlz said, as small HO Down but very memorable. Thanks for a lovely afternoon!

6 Likes

That’s awesome guys glad you enjoyed sorry I couldn’t make it.

1 Like

Hello. It was great to finally meet Heidi and always a pleasure to see Curlz. We got to sample quite a few things. The winner was the smoked corned beef. This was a very rich tasting meat and I think we ordered just enough food. 2 nice slices of that or so and you’re feeling good.

The pickles I love, as Heidi watched me demolish a container full lol . The slaw was a miss…bland and bite/acidity at all.

I think we all agreed the root beer bacon kraut was unique and very tasty. I will try to make this one day.

All in all, a good day…some tasty food, crappy weather and good company :slight_smile:

4 Likes