Corned Beef & Cabbage, New Jersey

I try to get there once a month The pastrami is great

Just emailed TSTBBQ to ask, as there’s nothing on their site about it. SIGH…

Will keep all you HOs posted, but in the meanwhile, think about whether or not you’d be interested in going, as I don’t need to plan a party if nobody’s coming!

Just saw an Instagram post by Djeet in Shrewsbury that there will be “Traditional Irish Fare and Live Music by Phil Pesce on March 16th”. BYOB so this likely won’t be all that rowdy.

3 Likes

From TSTBBQ “Yes, we will have corned beef all month.”

So tell me…who’s interested in meeting up vs getting your CB on your own?

I am game. Just keep in mind I’m sure it will have some type of twist to it. He does this with most dishes so don’t expect run of the mill CB.

1 Like

I’m in!

Least rowdy option: ShopRite flyer has a special for a fully cooked corned beef dinner with cabbage and potatoes for 2-3 people and $19.99

1 Like

I am done , going to Shanghai Bun for St Patrick’s Day .
It’s an easy solution to a problem that really doesn’t exist.
Thanks to one and all for your suggestions.

4 Likes

Try the Shredded Corned Beef in Bean Paste Noodles or the Shredded Corned Beef With Mustard Green And Dry Bean Curd. The Corned Beef and Cabbage Dumplings are good too. :grin:

I do remember it being kind of rowdy at Shanghai Bun when we had our HoDown there.

2 Likes

Now I want dumplings.

2 Likes

Hell, I’m not dead.
Kinda rowdy as opposed to drunken idiots running wild is fine.
Thanks for the suggestions I will take them under consideration.
Although I probably wouldn’t even think of them as an option.
Always like more options.

I hope you know the :grin: means I was kidding about the corned beef options.

Also all of the rowdiness was from the HoDown attendees although I wouldn’t refer to any of them as drunken idiots…well at least not in a public posting like this… I mean maybe a couple of them…but I’d mean it as a compliment.

1 Like

Got to admit I missed the emoji, oh well I can always get corned beef egg roll at the Irish Bar in Keyport who’s name escapes me at the moment :sunglasses:

1 Like

Got to admit you weren’t the only one! I was wondering what the hell Shanghi Bun was doing with so many corned beef and cabbage buns on the menu!!! lol

(ps since you’re still kind of new I’ll warn ya, you gotta watch that @BossaNova especially if you are leaving your wife alone with him :wink::wink: :smiley::smiley:…yes that’s my indication I’m joking)

4 Likes

McDonagh’s Pub?

Bingo :+1:

Well I think that makes 3 of us : ) I think it will be good. He makes some tasty food.

Okay, HOs–three of us have made a plan to eat corned beef! We’re meeting at TSTBBQ this Sunday (3/10) for a very late lunch/very early dinner at 4pm. http://www.tstbbq.com

Anyone else care to join us? If so, chime in here…

Come on folks. This should be a fun time and I’m interested to see what kind of spin he puts on the dish this year. I read something about some root beer braised cabbage so we will see…

So I went yesterday and had burnt ends. However, my friend got the rueben and it has their slaw, root beer and bacon braised kraut, swiss, brown mustard. This was a colorful sandwich and I hope try it today. My friend said it was really good.

1 Like