Corbo & Son……..Shrewsbury NJ

This was formerly Rosina’s Pizza and more recently Eruopa - Spanish restaurant that fell victim to the pandemic. I think they have been open a month or so, walked in at 6:30 took a seat at the “bar”. (quotes because it’s a byob)

They redd the space very nicely but the high ceilings and large dining room, it does get loud. Menu wasn’t very extensive but there were a few options for our tastes.

We were under amazed with everything.

We ordered:

Apps were meatballs and rice balls.
Meatballs were ok but not particularly our favorite and the rice balls were over engineered.

Dinner:
Chicken Marsala and Ceasare salad

Chicken Marsala was bone in and my son wasn’t very impressed. The salad was with kale and romaine. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: (I hate kale)

Overall we were left under impressed. Service was good and the space is nice but loud. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts!

(I forgot to take pics before we mauled our dishes)

Pile of humus and olive oils from the rice balls.

Not my favorite meatballs but sauce is good and so was the bread.

Remnants of chicken Marsala

Kale salad………just yuck :face_vomiting:

Sorry I kept forgetting to take the pics!!! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: Go see for yourself, just don’t blame me I warned you!!

4 Likes

What the f—?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen/heard of this in my life!

2 Likes

Yeah it was odd, I didn’t taste his but he’s not a picky eater but he didn’t clean his plate. He also loves rice balls and was equally unimpressed with theirs. That just seems like one of those recipes that just “works”, cheesey rice ball meat center fried, delicious! They used a pungent cheese and the hummus while “good “ did nothing to compliment the rice balls. We both used the marinara for the rice balls and that was “better”.

Another pet peeve was they served us 2 small pieces of bread. I mean c’mon man! If your going to offer bread offer it, 2 small pieces is annoying to me vs a compliment to the meal.

FYI $88 for the meal

3 Likes

The only time I’ve had their food was at BellWorks… We grabbed a salad and pizza for an outdoor show there. The food was… Fine. And ridiculously expensive.

3 Likes

I had a pizza from Corbo at Bell Works, nothing that would make me try another dish from them.
Way too many options.

1 Like

Sounds like a place trying to do too much (with the chicken). I know Tomahawks and bone-in everything is all the range, but Chicken Marsala needs to be left alone. All similar chicken dishes (Marsala, Piccata, Francaise) should essentially be Scallopini. Chicken Parm a thin cutlet. A massive chunk with a bone is the antithesis and quite frankly stupid.

2 Likes

Actually Chicken Marsala with bone-in chicken thighs is quite common and nothing unusual

We had dinner there the other night. Also at the “counter”. My wife had a salad and a pasta dish. I had the nono pizza and a different pasta dish. The pizza was interesting and well crafted, but likely a one-and-done for me. The pastas were delicious and, yes, perhaps a bit ambitious. I think we are good for another visit.

1 Like

I’m starting to think pizza/pasta might be the way to go here based on what everyone is saying.

1 Like

If that’s the case, it’s news to me. Learn something new every day.

1 Like

That looks nothing like chicken marsala