Coppa! [Boston, MA]

Finally visited Coppa again! After going many times over the years, I haven’t been back for at least 4 years. I’m very pleased to say last night’s meal was as good as ever!

We shared:
Crudo–Striped​ bass, cucumbers, cider vinegar, fennel pollen
Ostriche–Island Creek Oysters, prosecco, telicherry peppercorn, thai basil
Gemelli–Garlic scape aglio olio, sungold tomatoes, kousa squash
Bucatini–Cockles, ramp pesto, smoked bacon, almonds, parmesan
Gelato Misti–Selection of gelato or sorbetto with a house made pizzelle-We chose hazelnut.

Great service! Back on the list!

3 Likes

Oh, it’s been too long. This is such a nice time of year to stroll that neighborhood, too. Thanks for the report.

2 Likes

Great report, sounds like a delicious meal!

2 Likes

Had lunch there yesterday and definitely agree - as good as ever. We split some dishes (Italian Grinder; Pepperoncini; Heirloom Tomatoes; Swordfish). It’s really the best approximation of an enoteca in Boston. bonus points for the dog friendly patio.

5 Likes

I wanted to have the Heirloom Tomatoes and Swordfish also, but alas, only so much stomach room :slight_smile: The caesar salad won out… and that was quite unique and delicious!

Thanks for your confirmation!

2 Likes

The Italian grinder is an amazing sandwich, mostly due to the ability of their fancy slicer to cut the meat paper thin. It’s also a fair price. We are subscribers at the Speakeasy theater in the Calderwood pavilion, so we try to hit Coppa at least once or twice a season. They never disappoint, and even have some inventive cocktails with only a beer/wine/cordial license.

3 Likes