Cooking Channel disappoiontment

So I’m watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate because The Simpsons aren’t on (grrr). The major sponsor is IHOP- WTH?

It’s been so many years, I had forgotten about the Cooking Channel. Wasn’t that an offshoot of Food Network.? Loved The Best Thing I Ever Ate and sorry you’re having to deal with IHOP commercials. But doing without the Simpsons… .give me The Best Thing I ever Ate any day of the week…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If you have Amazon prime . Watch great chefs of …Way before the cooking channel existed.

3 Likes

Can’t say I ever became familiar behind commercials for the CC but between YTube and many of the streaming channel subscriptions producing their own food shows, I think CC has lost a dedicated audience.

1 Like

@emglow101, thanks. I had been “off” cooking shows for a long time for me, watching Columbo, Monk, Murder She Wrote, and even Diagnosis Murder over and over for weeks, and I’m not sure why. Finding my way back with various Great Chefs. I always loved the way the narrator for Great Chef’s of the South m (Mary Lou Conroy?) maybe?, said “pyeh-pah” (pepper).

A 2010 Chowhound thread.

2 Likes

Since I’m not into Amazon Prime I thought it might be easier to check out Great Chefs DVD’s for sale. Each series - they range from 4 discs, 6.5 hours for $44.99 to 9 discs, 13 hours for $84.99. Shipping is up for grabs.

As much as I enjoyed this series the first time around, I doubt I’d want to watch them more than once each again. Might have to have my husband check out AP for me.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hulu has some interesting docs and series on cooking and food culture if you have s subscription. .

1 Like

Any suggestions? I know about Top Chef reruns, but anything else you would suggest?

If you DO have Amazon Prime I’ve been enjoying “My Greatest Dishes”.

1 Like

Hulu-Taste the Nation with Padma
Prime-The Bombay Chef

1 Like

Thanks! There is a new season of The Chef Show on Netflix.

1 Like