Condiment Ice Cream?

I can’t wait to try this -

@gcaggiano - you may be interested as well …

2 Likes

Well, I always say I’d put that sh*t on everything! :grin:

3 Likes

Yuk. I think I threw up a little.

1 Like

Smart man

None of these ice cream ideas float my boat. More power to those who even try them. Maybe a special hot dog ice cream for summer - tiny pieces of real hot dogs, with colorful swirls of mustard, pickle relish, some sauerkraut perhaps, and the extra goodness of tiny frozen onion pieces…NOT!

2 Likes

As a kid, it had to be mint chocolate chip. Then as I got older, I’d only order white mcc as I decided green mcc was inferior. If green was the only choice, I’d order vanilla and chocolate.

My adult go-to is coffee ice cream (with chocolate jimmies :slight_smile: But there are two local dairies who rotate some novel flavors. I stay away from most of them, but the one dairy sometimes has mounds (dark chocolate ice cream with coconut) and almond joy (milk chocolate with coconut and almonds) and a few others that now escape me. The other dairy has a peach orchard and makes a fantastic peach sundae–peach ice cream, peach sauce, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream–alas, it’s only available for a few weeks or a month. They also make a great salted caramel flavor.

Unfortunately, due to the current crisis they’ve both been closed since March and have been dumping their milk. I think they have now reopened, but I haven’t gotten there yet.

I did stop at a local grocery today that sells ice cream from PA Dutch country that is very tasty (with very high butter fat), but signs on the freezer doors advised they could not sell any of their refrigerated/frozen products. We had some serious and windy storms yesterday, and was told they lost power and everything warmed and/or defrosted.:sob:I

1 Like

Coffee is my favorite. Love it with fudge in it too

3 Likes

Coffee ice cream w a broken up Heath bar paddled in.

6 Likes

Oooh . . .that sounds delicious. Definitely adding it to my summer to-do list.

In the last year plus I’ve had an ice cream maker, I have learned that pretty much every flavor of ice cream can be good. With that much cream and sugar, you can’t go wrong. My current favorite “odd” flavor is Furikake ice cream. Last year I reduced tomato and made something close to ketchup ice cream. It was fine.

2 Likes

I love coffee ice cream–I was eating that well before I started drinking actual coffee. A couple of local ice cream stores also carry Lemon Chiffon ice cream that’s like having lemon meringue pie.

4 Likes

Coffee ice cream floats with u-bet chocolate syrup and white rum is outstanding on a summer night.

4 Likes
1 Like