I tend to keep breakfast simple, but occasionally I’ll stop somewhere interesting on my morning commute. Do you have any recommendations for breakfast spots that are open before 8 AM, and which are close to the 101 or 280? Any places that serve a decent jook?
I’d prefer instant oatmeal to diner style breakfasts (eggs, pancakes, waffles, hash-browns), so none of those unless they have something unique, quick, and eatable in the car.
I’m pretty happy with these spots. Any additional ones to check out?
- La Torta Gorda (SF, Mission): tortas
- Neighbor Bakehouse (SF, Dogpatch): pistachio croissant is currently my favorite Bay Area croissant
- Huli Huli (Bayview, SF): Hawaiian style breakfast including breakfast burrito (tater tots, japchae, eggs, bacon, spam or sausage), kim chi fried rice
- Roxie Food Center (SF, Mission Terrace): small breakfast sandwich on Dutch Crunch
- Cafe di Casa (South San Francisco) : Brazilian pastries and deep fried items (closed Mondays)
- Nuri’s Donuts (Redwood City): empanadas, must call ahead 30 minutes