Comfi, Old Bridge

That is the hot chocolate of my dreams! Yum!

If you’re into chocolate and you’re in San Juan, you must try Casa Cortes ChocoBar (reviewed elsewhere on HO).

1 Like

One of my pet peeves about Comfi is that they use canned whipped cream instead of making their own. It’s the little things that make the difference.

3 Likes

Comfi is closing; the owners have a new place in Belmar, and say the kitchen in Old Bridge is too small anyway. According to the article in newjersey.news12.com, the Old Bridge restaurant will be renamed Fiesta Breakfast and the new owners say they will keep the old menu:

Comfi Breakfast & Lunch in Old Bridge closes; Belmar location to reopen in 5 weeks

Glad to hear they’re reopening…the Belmar spot is as close to an actual diner as there is in these parts!

Very interesting. Comfi in Belmar was closed all summer, which is crazy in as I would have imagined they make at least twice the money between Memorial Day and Labor Day as they do the rest of year. The last time I drove by, maybe a week or so ago it didn’t look like anything was going on. Maybe they needed the proceeds from the sale to begin/finish the work.

1 Like

There’s the Princess Maria Diner on Rt 35 in Wall. Or as The Sprout calls it The ABC Diner which was a game she liked to play when she really was a sprout

Ha! I’ve been down there but wasn’t exactly WOWed… not sure what it is, but I feel like the diners down here are just okay. I feel the same way about the Blue Swan on 35 in Ocean. I guess I was diner spoiled living up in NNJ for most of my life!

There’e nothing like an NNJ diner anywhere but NNJ. Except maybe the Somerset Diner which could be considered Central Jersey if Central Jersey really exists.

1 Like

I drove by Comfi in Belmar twice on Tuesday at 11:30 am and 3:00 pm. It still looks exactly like it did back in the early spring - untouched. The sign saying Opening Summer 2022 is still hanging in the paper-covered window.

1 Like