CNN-Why Mother's Day is the most hated day in the restaurant industry

Great pics!

1 Like

I especially like the pic of the meatballs–apparently so good they were eaten before anyone thought to take the pic :wink:

2 Likes

When I was in high school and got my first job, I took my mom out for Mother’s day for the first time with my own money. As we were eating she looked at me and said “I’ll bet most of these people don’t take their moms out any other day of the year.” I suspect she was correct to some extent.
Now we go out often but never on Mother’s day.

5 Likes

Ok, now I know I’m old . . . my youngest nephew called mom on Saturday (he’s in AZ) and it was his 30th birthday :exploding_head:

On the other hand, Superbowl Sunday is, or at least was, a good day to eat out–no crowds.

Except on the rare occasion when the Eagles are in it and the party is on region-wide :slight_smile:

I worked with a lot of folks from other countries. They loved Superbowl Sunday–the shops and restaurants were open but empty.

1 Like

Unless you go to a restaurant with TVs.

2 Likes

Yeah. Last time there I was really disappointed with a “medium rare” burger , so I tried the steak rare. I enjoyed some at the restaurant, but really enjoyed it after I got home and reheated.

2 Likes

@shrinkrap I was going to chime in before you posted about your gorgeous lunch…I think Mothers Day out doesn’t have to be miserable. My mom got taken out by my bro and his family in Westchester County NY to a Korean restaurant on Mothers Day and they had a fine time. Perhaps it’s the more Western-leaning restaurants (buffets, bottomless mimosa-type places) where Mothers Day becomes not-fun-for-anyone.

Personally, I had to work all day yesterday. I would’ve loved to go anywhere. :wink:

5 Likes

You are hereby entitled to a do-over for having to work on Mother’s Day. That’s the rule (I know this because I just made it up). Happy Mom’s Day, whenever you are able to celebrate!

3 Likes