Chinese new year specials? (2024) [Greater Boston area]

Sichuan Gourmet in Framingham is making their Sichuan sausage again, along with a cold rabbit dish which they didn’t bother to translate, both on the specials board. The sausage is mildly hot and tastes strongly of Sichuan peppercorns. Highly recommended if you like 蔴.

SG Burlington (not related to the other locations despite having the same menu) has a few things, the most interesting of which is rice cake with fish tofu and bacon (unhelpfully described as 新年小炒) which I’m planning to try ASAP since I’ve never had fish tofu before. I’m guessing it’s similar to the fish noodles we got at Grace Garden in DC. Most of the other items are pretty generic and not very Sichuanese. The complete menu is below.

Has anyone found any other Chinese New Year specials this year?

5 Likes
1 Like

Also this, but it doesn’t talk about special dishes and you may need to be a subscriber:

3 Likes

Sichuan Palace in Chelmsford is offering New Year dishes you can see at the link. Unfortunately, I missed seeing these last night when we got dinner from there. Apparently I need to pay attention.

3 Likes

Sumiao, Hunan in Kendall Square, Cambridge, has specials.

4 Likes

That was one of the places on the Eater list I pointed to above. I tried to place a delivery order yesterday. None of the items on the menu went into my shopping cart, no matter how many times, how heavily, or how lightly I clicked, except for the utensils category and the shopping bag.

I gave up and put together my own feast from Dumpling Cafe and Winsor:

1. Noodles from both places (hello longevity, my extensive friend)
  2. Steamed fish with ginger and scallion (DC) for more good luck
  3. Duck buns from DC (these are superb) and Taiwan-style pan-fried dumplings, an open, wrapped-pancake style (equally good)
  4. Fried shrimp&chive dumplings and fish cakes from W.

A very good lunar feast.

5 Likes

Jiang Nan has a few new year courses to their menu that is posted in their restaurant windows. Oddly enough, there is no info o on their website, or even when you sit down. My family went there for our new year dinner Friday night, and since we entered from a different side, we didn’t pass the window and never saw the sign. Wait staff never mentioned these as well. They were packed though, and at 4:30pm there was already a wait list. We had reservations (the only time I could get when I called 2 weeks ago) so no issue for us.

2 Likes

We’ve ordered from them several times with no problem for pick up. But never on lunar new year. We really like the food. I’m sorry that happened to you.

My problem occurred for a delivery order. I’ve not had problems in the past with delivery. I, too, like their food with many offerings not found elsewhere.,