Chinese Food...and Bowling? (China Palace, Middletown, NJ)

This is a great idea!

If there is an award for the dumbest looking fat bald guy award, I might win! Is that a thing?? :smile:

1 Like

I would suggest “Largest Member Award” but that can be taken too many ways…

2 Likes

If this is something people are seriously interested in, I will organize something.

2 Likes

Largest Member

I like it.

Hmm…I know a combination bar, restaurant and bowling alley where we can hold the awards ceremony

3 Likes

who’s going to judge that one?

The idea is fine with me, I’m going to nominating @CurlzNJ to be the technical consultant on this since she is the only one I know of who can put together a survey/Q&A type post.

I think that’s what would work best for anonymity in the voting process.

2 Likes

It’s an honor just to be nominated.

2 Likes

This might force me to tell the story of when someone “accidentally” roofied me at a dinner party I was hosting. (no joke)

5 Likes

Does this story involve karaoke too???

Nope, no karaoke in this one!! Instead I literally almost lost my ability to speak, only able to form one or two word sentences.

That sounds intense and scary. But I will hold off judgment until the actual award ceremony!

2 Likes

I will coordinate something with @CurlzNJ and get this rolling soon.

2 Likes

Okay, the preliminary nominating for awards has been set-up in its own thread. Please read the rules and keep any discussion to THIS thread. The nominating thread should be ONLY for nominations as stated. :smiley:

There are days I wish I lived In NJ. :yum:

None during Hurricane Season, tho.

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here

9 Likes

There it is!

L’oignon d’or!

2 Likes

what about posters we wish would come back?

3 Likes

What about a Harmony Lanes HO Down, Greg? I’m in! Let’s do this before summer hits!

3 Likes

Went to China Palace a couple of days ago. For a moment we thought it was closed, but that was just the bowling alley (we went to the wrong door). There were three or four other tables of diners (at noon-ish).

We had Pickled Vegetables and Stir-Fried Pork Noodle Soup and Shitake and Squid with Rice Vermicelli in Thickened Soup:

The Pork Noodle Soup had a really good broth; the Squid Soup was also quite tasty.

5 Likes