Chinese Food...and Bowling? (China Palace, Middletown, NJ)

this sounds like a David Lynch movie…this could be on a season of Twin Peaks…

1 Like

I can fit it in my purse…

Don’t threaten me with a good time! I’m in!!

1 Like

I think HO should set up a category, maybe name it Our Cuisine: Hall Of Fame Threads. And put this one in as first in the Inaugural Class.

2 Likes

The first annual Caggiano Chinese Chowdown is calling your name Greg! :smile:

We can dub it the CCC, the hilarious triple crown of eating mediocre food in a time capsule bowling alley. I could take this in so many directions…from a comedic like scene from dazed and confused, to a horror movie.

1 Like

I’m down. Though if 20 of us showed up they’d probably call the police.

2 Likes

It would be hilarious to do some kind of themed hodown. Imagine we roll up twenty deep all wearing Canadian tuxedos?

2 Likes

Even better! Let 20 of us say we’re going but then not show!! (sorry Greg)

4 Likes

If only Zhang’s Grille had a bowling alley…

I haven’t been back there since I went with the emporer. That place is a trip…A true disaster but I somehow kind of liked it (considering the closest Korean is probably Edison.) My dish was a lot more appealing than your chewbox. That epic review is what made me reach out to you. That review oozed charisma and I knew at that point you would be a valuable member. Glad to have you aboard, as I’m sure others are as well. It is always nice to have some colorful characters on here! :slight_smile:

What’s the movie where all the ivy league students bring the dumbest dates they can find to the party? Somehow this thread reminds me of that lol

2 Likes

Actually, as someone found out when they called (and we found out when we got there one day at 1:40), they close at 1:30 even though their sign says 2PM. :frowning:

Alright so the plan for the next HOdown is that we all go to China Palace. Everyone has to eat one dish and bowl one game. Then afterwards we go here and get:

Gas?

1 Like

Oooh what is a Canadian Tuxedo??

Ok, I’ll be the first one to say it; Gas isn’t what I wanted.

1 Like

I will admit that I didn’t know what one was either so I googled it. Ordinarily I wouldn’t want to steal CJ’s thunder by posting this, however this is a bit too good not to share. Yes this is what came up when I googled “Canadian Tuxedo” and double yes, that is Alex Baldwin. hahahahahahaaaaa (actually a pretty cool back story as to how a Canadian Tuxedo" became a thing, google it and see for yourself I won’t give that away

1 Like

WOW! Holy moly. This is pure gold. From those luscious locks (head and chest!) to that stylish bandana to the denim on denim! I was on the fence about an eating adventure to “Mediocre Chinese Foodtown”. Now that I see the dress code, WHERE CAN I SIGN UP!?

4 Likes

Damn. That’s the Alec I fell for.

1 Like

Actually, here it’s a HODown.

Are we seriously talking about one? I haven’t asked Mark, but I’d say we’re in.

Actually, we should have an NJ board awards. Time it with the Oscars.

Best food pictures
Best culinary creations
Best restaurant reviews
Funniest stories
Best thread
Etc
Etc
Etc

How about it? We can vote.

@NotJrvedivici @seal @corvette_johnny

5 Likes

Love this idea!!