Chicken ?????

Same here, but only if they’re dairy free also.

2 Likes

People, or chickens?

I’m not particular as long as MINE contain MSG.

1 Like

Yesterday I took a picture of some chicken options at our “least-fancy-best-deals” grocery store.

https://www.crowdcow.com/ranch/cooks-venture-heirloom-chicken?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=All_WholeChicken_LeadsCustomers_20210813&utm_date=2021-08-13#product-listing

Rainy season or cold snowing where? Where the chickens are raised or where you live? I feel fortunate to have choices, but from here, I feel like I want to subscribe through good weather and bad. Unless it’s NBA, then just the good seasons.

I’ve made a few bulk Cook’s Venture purchases. It seems fine but not unusually flavorful compared to a vendor like Jidori. I also find their regenerative agriculture shtick very similar to palaver from other companies about organic, free range, etc.

That’s just my jaded take- I want to believe in more ethically/sustainably raised meat but I think we’re way past “fool me once” at this point.

1 Like

Good input. Thanks. I have bought from Crowd Cow in the past; not chicken, but thought of this thread when I got this ad in my email to.

Yes, I know this is an old thread. I have been buying chicken (whole or thighs, but last night I tried breast) from Cook’s Venture, pasture raised heirloom chicken. They sell it at HEB. The thighs and whole chickens are terrific. I am usually disappointed by chicken breasts. These got to a higher temp than they should have (185!) but were still delicious and moist. Instead of that stark white they had a hint of color. They were a good size, not gigantic. Price-wise they are not bad, a little higher but not a lot.

2 Likes

I buy from the Amish. Smaller, but much better flavor. The breasts aren’t huge, but really nice. $5 a bird is fair IMO.

1 Like