Chick-fil-A location bans children under 16 from dining room in response to...

Echoes of the Nettie’s House of Spaghetti (Nettie's house of spaghetti - tinton falls, nj - #245 by CurlzNJ) decision?

1 Like

Sadly it wont have much effect, as most folks are quite sure that their feral little demon spawn is an angel incapable of even the first offense.

7 Likes

But… but … but… WWJD?

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them.”

Uh-oh. I smell hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Royersford, PA - population 5000. Not much bigger than my town. Our local DQ had the same problem with kids after school. The police were finally called. They showed up and had a chat with everybody. Word probably traveled through the grapevine to other kids who weren’t there at the time. As far as I know, that was the end of that kind of behavior.

“the company said, “Most Chick-fil-A restaurants, like the one you referenced, are individually owned and operated and set their own policies like these for their restaurant. We don’t have anything more to add to what the restaurant has already shared.”

Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

I’d say the community has a problem. Where else can kids go to hang out; promote that!

Hanging out doesnt mean destruction and bad behavior.

3 Likes

They’re coming from the indoor adventure park apparently? So there’s that. There are also plenty of parks, basketball courts, bike paths, etc.

I was a bit surprised by this story. I’m about 10 miles or so from Royersford (Montgomery county PA). Teens will be teens (i.e., loud and stupid) especially when out and about in groups without adults. But I’ve never seen behavior such as that described in the reporting on this story. Seems most of the teens they’ve interviewed locally are good kids who blame it on a few ruining it for all.

The real MontCo news story recently has been the Amy’s Pizzeria kerfluffle . . . but that’s a topic for a different kind of thread :frowning_with_open_mouth:

ETA: A local story on it https://www.dailylocal.com/2023/02/28/royersford-chick-fil-a-bans-unaccompanied-kids-under-16-2/ Interestingly, they do not blame the parents :confused:

3 Likes