Chicago 2015 Openings and closings

The people behind Taco Joint have taken over the space next to their 1969 N. Halsted location to open a new concept. "The Mexican (1967 N. Halsted, formerly Rustic House) is described as “Homestyle food made from scratch”.

Yardhouse has opened a location in the New City development at Halsted and Clybourn. www.yardhouse.com

Chicago’s third Nando’s Peri Peri location, also located in the New City development will have a soft opening today. www.nandosperiperi.com/

Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, a chain of midwest organic grocery stores run by the former CEO of Sunflower Markets and backed by Meijers, will be opening 3 Chicago area stores on October 14th. The locations are:

2500 N. Elston in Chicago
5340 Northwest Highway in Crystal Lake
790 Royal St. George Drive in Naperville

In New City (1500-1550 N Clybourn) news, LYFE Kitchen and Adobe Gila’s are both now open. Canadian chain restaurant Earl’s is scheduled to open October 26th. (the door was unlocked so I went in and asked). The New City Mariano’s will have its grand opening on October 27th.

Eater.com is reporting that Armitage Pizzeria at 711 W. Armitage has closed. That’s a shame, it was my favorite east coast style pizza in the area. Hope he opens up another place soon.

“Blue Door Farm Stand Too” has opened in the very recently vacated Armitage Pizzeria space at 711 w. Armitage. I’ve never seen a space turn over so quickly, with a new restaurant openeing less than a week after the previous one closed. The new restaurant is going to be short-lived, they plan on closing it once work is finished on their main location around the corner at 2010 N. Halsted.

Kind of food related…

The Arclight Cinema in the New City development (1500 N. Clybourn Chicago, Il) will have it’s grand opening on November 6th. Arclight is a chain of luxury movie theaters that sport a full bar and “gourmet” food.

1 Like

Max and Leo’s Artisan Pizza has opened inside the King’s Bowling alley in the New City complex at 1500 N. Clybourn. The Boston based pizza chain bakes their pies in a 900°f coal fired oven.

1 Like

Bistrot Margot at 1437 N. Wells has announced that they will be closing their doors for good on December 31st after 16 years. Developers made an offer for the property that the chef/owner couldn’t refuse. I’ll definitely have to get back there at least one more time before it’s gone for good.

1 Like

[quote=“Coogles, post:1, topic:425, full:true”]
The people behind Taco Joint have taken over the space next to their 1969 N. Halsted location to open a new concept. "The Mexican (1967 N. Halsted, formerly Rustic House) is described as “Homestyle food made from scratch”.[/quote]

The Mexican will close on Sunday February 14th and reopen on February 22nd as a Mexican themed BBQ restaurant.

1 Like